Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2017 500e not too long ago, and I tend to leave the head unit off for one reason: I get, at intervals I can find no correlation to, with no warning on the head unit display or the instrument cluster, a double ding. There's nothing in the owner's manual and I can't find anything online. It doesn't occur when the head unit is off, and it occurs very rarely on the freeway.

What is this DI-ding DI-ding, is it lane drift warning? Too close to another car? It's happened parked. I'd really like to use my head unit without mystery notification every 15-45 seconds.

·
Registered
177 Posts
There is no lane drift sensor. The only position sensor is the back up sensor which is only active when you are in reverse. Could be a seatbelt sensor, but you would see a seatbelt light indicate a seatbelt isn't buckled on the display behind the steering wheel. If the car thinks there is someone in the passenger seat, but there isn't, you will get a warning. If the sensor that detects the passenger is intermittent, I could see getting intermittent warnings. Easy test would be to buckle the passenger seatbelt and see if you still get a warning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was doing it while my wife was in the passenger seat buckled in. I just took it for a drive around the block with the passenger seatbelt buckled and it still did it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Is it the same noise as the seatbelt warning? If so, it could still be a bad seatbelt sensor somewhere. Not sure what else would make a warning noise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it's two sets of two beeps together, dingding-dingding... I'll try to get a recording of it and post it as an attachment later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts