Fiat 500 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Before I bought our 500e I was looking at the Nissan Leaf. I learned from an owner in Oregon, the leaf has battery degradation issues because it is not cooled. (or warmed)

On the right side of the dash display is the 'Guess-O-meter' The 12 long lines are the percent of charge, the 12 short lines are the battery's capacity. Brand New, you get 12 short lines, as the battery degrades, a short line falls off. Most cars lose the first line after a year or so of normal use. A low mileage re-sale with two or three missing short lines should be a warning.

After learning this, I shopped for Leafs in Las Vegas, just for fun. In the summer it hits 115-120 in Vegas and it has been known to snow in the winter.

You can see the difference in the two cars:
I see your have a SOH-C of 90%. Just taking a guess here, but is your mileage about 25K miles?

·
Registered
37 Posts
View attachment 108733

The limited Nissan LEAF lithium-ion battery warranty includes coverage for defects in materials or workmanship for 8 years / 100,000 miles (whichever comes first) as well as protection against capacity loss below 9 bars of capacity (out of 12) as shown on the Nissan LEAF's capacity gauge for a period of 8 years

(the car on the right has 10 bars, so he has to lose 2 more in the next 45,500 miles and be under 8 years old. I guess that's a pretty safe bet for Nissan)

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
LEAF.. warranty includes.. protection against capacity loss below 9 bars.. as shown on the Nissan LEAF's capacity gauge
Apparently they rigged the software to show 9 bars even after the capacity & driving range have dropped to well below 75% of new 😡.

Fiat warranty doesnt cover range loss at all! 😡. Good thing we don't seem to need it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts