Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either Renault has some business going on with Fiat, or Renault just copied the whole front end design of the Fiat 500. As you can see from the pictures I posted below, the two cars look too much alike.

2012 Renault Twingo

2011 Fiat 500

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
looks like a rounded Kia Soul.

·
Registered
222 Posts
To me, the Twingo doesn't look retro at all, while the 500 obviously does.

Once you get 4 wheels, a grille, windows, and about the same shape hatchback, how much different can you really make a car look? Other than going the nasty Gremlin way, of course.

The Twingo looks more like a shrinky dinks Golf than it does a 500.

·
Registered
230 Posts

I think it looks a bit like the juke, since nissan and renault are sister company maybe thats why

·
Registered
343 Posts
Most minis in Europe do look really similar. I actually like euro cars a bit more than the ones you guys get in America - cars in Europe are drop dead sexy.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
sorry, I don't see any resemblence.....none. the FIAT is MUCH more retro and very cool! :cool:

the Twingo, not so much......:(

·
Registered
54 Posts
My old Clio Sport would eat my Fiat 500 alive. It may even beat an Abarth. It was that good.

Sadly, it was built with an unrelentless passion for non-quality. :D
first thing the clio is a class B you should compare it to the Fiat Punto, or if is very old, with the Uno Turbo i.e. and could not beat the Uno turbo:
Fiat Uno turbo vs Clio sport 2.0 - Uno turbo vs Megane sport - Uno turbo vs Bmw M3 (you can also search for vids of the Punto GT, the Clio sport lose anywhere)
and then, exactly, the problem of the renault is the poor quality and poor reliability, especially electronic. Fiberglass fenders, cheap plastic in interiors. The mechanics hate them (one of this is my friend) also because are assembled in an alternative way.
My brother has had a megane for some years and has regretted every day, now has a Fiat Chroma and he is very happy.
Peugeot and citroen are much better than renault.

p.s. sorry for my english :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts