Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have early & late meetings in residential areas & would like to turn off the horn honk that occurs when I lock the car (& disturb the neighbors).
Fiat in SF says it can't be done. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
794 Posts
So many threads on this topic already. But the answer is 'no' unless you cut the wires to the horn, or use the key, in the lock, and do the twist.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Use the key in the lock. Works the best. Look at the other threads. Another way, open the door, get out, press the lock button twice, the lights should flash, then close the door. It flashes closed and no beep. That works some of the time

Scorpion

·
Registered
859 Posts
Replace the horn with air horns. The locking horn signal will be too short for the compressor to build enough to make any noise but the horn will work during normal driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have early & late meetings in residential areas & would like to turn off the horn honk that occurs when I lock the car (& disturb the neighbors).
Fiat in SF says it can't be done. Any suggestions?
I have a 2019 500X Trecking, its easy to unlock, go to big screen Uconnect then go to settings scroll down to Doors and locks and go to sound horn when locking and click on OFF! done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So many threads on this topic already. But the answer is 'no' unless you cut the wires to the horn, or use the key, in the lock, and do the twist.
I have a 2019 500X Trecking, its easy to unlock, go to big screen Uconnect then go to settings scroll down to Doors and locks and go to sound horn when locking and click on OFF! done.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
755 Posts
Not sure on FCA cars but on my previous Nissan's and some Toyota's if you hold the lock and unlock keyfob buttons for 3-4 seconds simultaneously it disables the beeps.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,644 Posts
I couldn't get that to work, but it makes me wonder if there's some other similar hack.

I tried simultaneous button holding with the car locked, then unlocked, then tried holding unlock before starting to hold lock, & then vice-versa, both with the car locked & also unlocked.

·
Registered
2017 FIAT 500e
11 Posts
My500e telematics allows you to lock your doors without the horn sounding! I just got my telematics unit last week and was delighted to find that bonus surprise feature. I know people complain about the cost, but U-connect is not free either! FCA charges around $11 a month for the service. Sure, it was "free" during the lease, but that is not standard business for FCA. I wouldn't pay for the telematics unit just for this feature, but it is a great value for all of the features and what you pay.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
2,644 Posts
Thanks for the solution.

We save enough just on gas to pretty quickly cover the initial cost of My500e, & after that it's less per month than U-connect would be.

Amendment to my last post: Residential street parking late at night I can't be quiet AND secure.

·
Registered
2017 Fiat 500e (Billet Argento), 2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TSI 5MT (Tungsten Silver), 2002 Honda VFR
755 Posts
I would gladly hand $11 a month to FCA if they even allowed to keep on using U-connect.

·
Registered
755 Posts
What features would you use with U-Connect that make it worth $130 a year in ongoing costs?

ga2500ev
Honestly i dont even know what it even had, mine was disconnected from the start however preheating or cooling remotely sounds definitely cool as well as locking or unlocking without keys. If it had other features even better. $130 a year is still better then paying $240 in gas a month before. I def would like being also enable to view batter state of charge live, sometimes i use public chargers and dont want to be that dude who leaves it plugged when when done, nor do i want to be that dude where some dude unplugs me and i wont even know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts