Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Page 2 mentions my500e dot com

Didn’t wanna clutter that thread anymore since it began about UConnect (not) discussion.

I’m very interested in my500e. Any current users of this device care to comment and/or update their personal experience?

Current pricing works out to $300 + $70/yr service + $40 international s/h. Totaling $410USD upfront for 1 yr service.

Worth it? Does it work, well?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm interested as well, could not find any youtube videos reviewing the device. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it. Also surprised at complete lack of discussion of this telemetric unit on here.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's discussed elsewhere. It works, web-app only. An app was originally promised, but they changed it at the last minute. They say that they'll add new feature packs, but I don't believe any have shipped. It sends the default preconditioning message to start it up. They also are supposedly working on a Wifi version, so hopefully that will drop soon.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think the only reason its not more talked about is its a bit pricey. I've been considering it, but The only real benefit I would be taking advantage of is the preconditioning. Most of the other features, my OpenEVSE units do already.

BTW i wouldn't worry about the webapp thing, My OpenEVSEs use a similar concept. And with most phones, you can make the link look like a makeshift "app" on your home screens. The bonus of the My500e app is that it can be used while not connected to the same network. Unlike OpenEVSE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the replies. I go back & forth whether to try it or not. Probably pass for now.

One reason website claims $60/yr data fee but when checking out $70. Lapses in website details like that don’t instill much confidence in the operator.

And $40 s/h seems a bit excessive even for international.

And I can’t find anyone who actually has the darn thing installed in US….

Thanks again!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm the developer of the my500e solution, so let me answer a couple of the questions:
-Feature-Updates Pack includes new features and is constantly evolving, the following features have been added this year:
--12V battery monitoring
--vehicle lock via app
--remote "charge-now" feature, even if the charge timer's active
--charge limiter (limit max. charge to a defined value, to conserve battery live)
--email notification to be informed about changes to the charging status
--owners of a 2016+ Fiat 500e can edit the vehicle settings via the app
All upcoming feature updates will be included as well, for example: IFTTT interface, API interface, etc.

-$60/year data fee is available if you order a 3 year subscription, $70/y for a single or two year subscription

-I also believe $40 shipping is a lot of money, but unfortunately everything's very expensive in Switzerland. DHL for example asks $180 for the shipment to the US. Best offer I could get is $48 for a 5 day delivery to the US by TNT/Swiss post, so the $40 actually doesn't fully cover the expenses. Shipping to the EU is between $38 and $45, so we're not making any money out of the shipping charges.

Unfortunately our customers doesn't seem to be active on this forum, but on another fiat500usa forum you'll find some feedback, the solution works great in the US, Europe and even Australia.
I'm usually responding within a business day to my emails in case somebody should have a problem or question.

The announced WiFi-version will be delayed for a month or two as the final design unexpectedly has some minor issues we want to fix, as we only want to deliver a perfect product for the money - just like a fine Swiss watch ;-)

Good news for US cellular customers: we finished testing and are ready to move to a LTE solution, so no worries about 2G/3G shutdown in the future. Starting today, all US units will be LTE devices.
No LTE for EU customers at the moment, we're working on a solution, but it's still at least 6 months away.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all- I am a my500e user! I purchased the 3 year subscription (with the feature update pack) and I'm very pleased with it. I've had it about 3 months, and got it shortly after I got my 500e. I agree that it is an expensive solution, but so far I feel the value provided has justified the cost. My biggest concern is that the unit I have will stop working at some point as 2G/3G shuts down. I'm not sure what would happen then, as my unit doesn't support LTE. Hopefully Swiss will take care of his existing customers if this occurs... if my only option was to buy another unit at retail, I doubt I would, depending on how long the first one was able to have been in service.

My Two Cents on the Product:
  • The Charge-Limit feature is extremely valuable in extending the life of our batteries
  • The pre-conditioning feature is great for winter: you get a warm vehicle, and it's my belief that warming the battery prior to driving helps enable regenerative braking earlier into your drive, minimizing the battery impact of doing the pre-conditioning even when you can't be plugged in.
  • I've had a couple of emails to Swiss for product support and have been happy with the support received.
I'm a happy customer, and envy those of you who can get one with 4G/LTE!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm the developer of the my500e solution, so let me answer a couple of the questions:
-Feature-Updates Pack includes new features and is constantly evolving, the following features have been added this year:
--12V battery monitoring
--vehicle lock via app
--remote "charge-now" feature, even if the charge timer's active
--charge limiter (limit max. charge to a defined value, to conserve battery live)
--email notification to be informed about changes to the charging status
--owners of a 2016+ Fiat 500e can edit the vehicle settings via the app
All upcoming feature updates will be included as well, for example: IFTTT interface, API interface, etc.

-$60/year data fee is available if you order a 3 year subscription, $70/y for a single or two year subscription

-I also believe $40 shipping is a lot of money, but unfortunately everything's very expensive in Switzerland. DHL for example asks $180 for the shipment to the US. Best offer I could get is $48 for a 5 day delivery to the US by TNT/Swiss post, so the $40 actually doesn't fully cover the expenses. Shipping to the EU is between $38 and $45, so we're not making any money out of the shipping charges.

Unfortunately our customers doesn't seem to be active on this forum, but on another fiat500usa forum you'll find some feedback, the solution works great in the US, Europe and even Australia.
I'm usually responding within a business day to my emails in case somebody should have a problem or question.

The announced WiFi-version will be delayed for a month or two as the final design unexpectedly has some minor issues we want to fix, as we only want to deliver a perfect product for the money - just like a fine Swiss watch ;-)

Good news for US cellular customers: we finished testing and are ready to move to a LTE solution, so no worries about 2G/3G shutdown in the future. Starting today, all US units will be LTE devices.
No LTE for EU customers at the moment, we're working on a solution, but it's still at least 6 months away.
Exciting news on the LET- What will happen to your existing customers who have the 2G/3G unit? (like myself)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Exciting news on the LET- What will happen to your existing customers who have the 2G/3G unit? (like myself)
We'll certainly offer a special trade-in deal for the LTE version to customers who should be affected by 2G/3G shutdown, no worries. Personally, I think there still will be either 2 or 3G coverage for quite a long time, but we'll see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts