Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me, being the broke *** (three kids will do that to you, lol) I am, decided to place the 500 side stripes on my pop. The dealer offered to do the graphics right there for an additional $600. I said **** no and went on to ebay. Found the graphics on there for
$57 shipped. I thought I would share my experience...
Just to let you know this is quite easy if you have patience. Also if you have done tint then this is practically the same thing. I started out with some masking tape, a spray bottle with a little rubbing alcohol, dish soap, and water. Did a wipe down to clean any dirt and dust. Sprayed some on the area to work on and proceeded to spay the adhesive side of the sticker. Placed it on the car and used the bondo spreader to squeeze out all the water and bubbles. Sprayed more on the masking to get it off. It kept lifting but I kept at it (this is where the patience come in!)
2 hrs total time invested from prep to clean up.

Looks good IMO! And I saved $543!! Lol!

Pics below:

Product Plastic bottle Plastic Gun Floor Finger Hand Games Fashion accessory Paper Plastic bag Transparency Paper Footwear Design Shirt Sleeve Material property Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Red

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AND VERY IMPORTANT-Make sure the car is not hot while applying graphics. Do it in your garage with no sunlight. Also keep in mind that I did all this by eye. Some people measure everything out to be more precise. Its all up to you...

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Vehicle door Automotive exterior Metal Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle registration plate Auto part Vehicle Red Technology Material property Electronic device Automotive exterior Red Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Vehicle Bumper Car Vehicle door Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
197 Posts
Nice job. Who was the vender on E-Bay?

·
Registered
13,459 Posts
You did a good job. Nice and straight. Having one kid going to college will make you broke. You could sell one of kids, and buy some fancy wheels. Or maybe not. They are nice to have around, till their teens.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ Smark- I wish I could sell them all at times! Lmao! I have one in the Marines, a high schooler, and 2 younger ones. Yes, I have 4 technically, but only 3 live with us. I know all about the teenage years. :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
His name is stickers904

Here is a direct link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fiat-SE5-500-Graphic-Stripe-decal-kit-3M-/250869006481?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a68f54091
Thanks for the info. I like the "500" stripe rather than what is offered by Fiat.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Too expensive to have vanity plates here in chicago. Otherwise I would. Every year its $99 for the plate sticker and the window sticker is $85 I believe. The vanity plates would be an extra $47 every yr.

Thats baller status! Lol!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi, I see this post and buy the decals frome the same seller, it exelent. I love my new decals now i go to buy a news rims...

pics

pic.twitter.com/q3VuXhAk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good looking car, nice job on the decals too. Are there a lot of Fiats in Puerto Rico?
Yes. x3 fiat studio, Fiat San Juan, Fiat Ponce, Fiat Mayaguez.

People in Puerto Rico love the SUVs but now the gas is too expensive and the people starting to buy small cars. More Fiat every day hear in Puerto Rico.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did the same thing: Graphics from E_bay and put them on during my lunch hour.

One nice thing is that you don't have to feel too guilty about changing them!

Land vehicle Vehicle City car Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes is easy to do and you can remove it whent you get.

I end the work in about 2hr.

·
Registered
7 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts