Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if modifying intake and exhaust affect your warranty. Also my background with modern motorcycles (fuel injected) tells me that when you modify intake and exhaust the computer needs to be reprogrammed to suit the altered fuel needs. Does that rule apply to these cars?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for the reply. That was a lot of definition to sort through. So what's the short answer? Haha
By the way, upon further research it seems that it is not necessary to reprogram the computer unless you are looking for even more horsepower gains, then I am pretty sure you would have some warranty issues.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Only if the mod is a direct cause of an issue will it cause a problem generally speaking but it is often dependent on the dealer. As for the re-program the car will re-learn the relatively small changes the mods these cars will take. Enjoy the forum and keep that crazy looking tiny attack dog n a short leash!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I hope my recently installed cai and axle back are ok , after all , they sat MOPAR on them
Pretty sure you won't have a problem with the Mopar stuff. It's made from the manufacture and is even smog legal in California, which isn't an easy task. Try to round up one of the stickers below.
Auto part

Cheers,

C.K.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts