Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about other high-mileage 500e electric drivers.

Mine is a 2013 500e Sport. with 49700 miles.
Driven 70 miles every Monday thru Friday with occasional weekend errand trips. Charged twice daily.
Warranty/problems consisted only of a faulty BCM module, along with all of the normal recall updates .

·
Registered
223 Posts

Driven 70 miles every Monday thru Friday with occasional weekend errand trips. Charged twice daily.
Warranty/problems consisted only of a faulty BCM module, along with all of the normal recall updates .
Mine is a 2013 500e with almost 40,000 miles. Have not had any problems. Performed all recalls. The original tires were less than stellar, so I splurged on a new set of tires. The only thing that has been less than perfect is the dumb iphone app. Can't reset the password.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I know it's not that high of mileage but I just turned over 20,000 this morning. I have had zero issues but I still have to go in for the Inverter recall software one of these days. I have rotated the tires earlier this fall but that's it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
25k mi after about a year. Only non wear item has been front struts. Covered under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts

Just to be clear, you drive 70 miles every day? Has your estimated range changed over those 49700 miles?
The reason I ask is because I'm looking to acquire a used 500e and those with high millage are the cheapest.

thanks in advance
Gil

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the range has depleted, I am not noticing it.

Reactions: bdjuju

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's amazing. 100K divided by 4 years would be 25K miles per year. Divide that by 365 would be 68.5 miles per day…everyday. We bought an off-lease 2013 500e with 24K miles on and my wife drives about 80 miles a day. We've only had the car for a little more than a month and have added 2K miles on it. I'm hoping the liquid-cooled battery will not see the battery degradation that the passively-cooled Nissan Leaf has experienced.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There was a 500e that just went through auction last week and it had over 100k miles on it.
I doubt it was an e, it's almost impossible to put that many miles on one due to the time to charge...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I doubt it was an e, it's almost impossible to put that many miles on one due to the time to charge...
it was 100% an E I know how to tell the difference between an e and a non-e. I watched the auction and even questioned the miles. I pulled up the gauge cluster photo and confirmed it wasn't a mileage typo. It had 103k and change and sold for $3600. I would screen shot the auction history but I cannot search transactions further than 2/27/17 unless I have the vin.

It was likely an internal FCA longevity vehicle. Either way its not an impossible number to achieve. That adds up to ~90 miles a day if driven that 7 days a week.

·
Banned
4,743 Posts
I would think that mileage doesn't matter much on these cars. Other than the battery, what can wear out, the bearings?

Tedolph

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Could it be that the odometer was reading in kilometers and not miles?
That would put the mileage at about 60000 miles....

Reactions: Tedolph

·
Registered
4 Posts
bump. Looking to find any high mileage 500es to know what I can expect out of the life of the car. Looking to do a 40mile round trip daily to work.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wouldn't consider mine high mileage, but I currently use my 2013 w/ 26k miles, for daily 40 mile round trip in SLC (mostly highway, though I keep it to 55mph and right lane) and I regularly have 50% battery when I get home in winter (preheat at home, no charging at work, no heat on drive)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts