Fiat 500 Forum banner

Do you think the Fiat 500 is more of a girls car or guys car?

• Guys Car

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Girls Car

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • 50/50

Votes: 55 79.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think?

Some people I spoke to said it's more of a chicks car rather than a car for a guy, i think it's 50/50. The Fiat 500 is just too beefy for it's size to be a full all out girls car. The pink Fiat 500 is defiantly a girls car 100%, you wont find me in that Fiat 500!!! haha

·
Registered
42 Posts
Unlike some cars the 500 can be as cute or as aggressive looking and driving as you want.... So I am also going to say 50/50...

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
LOL...ditto on the color!

I'm a previous smart car owner and we had the same discussion. a car is a car.......BUT IMO its a GIRLS car only if its Mary Kay PINK!!! :p

·
Registered
233 Posts
C'mon guys don't delude yourself. The 101 hp 500 will have a huge percentage of female drivers (the abarth less so). Perhaps not as much as the beetle, but close. The voting here is skewed since we're all guys who are on the net and like the 500. That won't stop me from buying and enjoying the car though. Personally, I love the combination of the sporty go-kart driver with an upscale interior. Getting the cabrio, will just up the fun quotient.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
The new Beetle is more of a chick car. But I would rather drive it than most domestic or Japanese models available in North America. My wife had one, and she had practically no problems with it. She had a job that required a lot of travel. The **** thing was solid, would just go and go. But the engine was the nice 2.0 Litre NA four which I don't think you can get now.

So I think if you get the chance to own a nice car, and you have the wherewithal, you should definitely buy it for the specs. That is not manly or womanly, that's just smart.

·
Registered
18 Posts
C'mon guys don't delude yourself. The 101 hp 500 will have a huge percentage of female drivers (the abarth less so). Perhaps not as much as the beetle, but close. The voting here is skewed since we're all guys who are on the net and like the 500. That won't stop me from buying and enjoying the car though. Personally, I love the combination of the sporty go-kart driver with an upscale interior. Getting the cabrio, will just up the fun quotient.
I was thinking the exact same thing. Sure it's a cute car, which means more chicks will drive them, but the Abarth.... that's a bit different now isn't it

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
the styling is definetly more "cutesy" but I feel it can be considered a drivers car since it is a blast to drive and once all the Abarth performance parts ( and other aftermarket mods) become available you will see a ton of aggressive looking 500s that go like stink! ( doesnt take much to move a 2300 Lb car!)

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
I see chicks driving gas-guzzling muscle cars and Stupid Utility Vehicles, so the fact that many will choose to drive a 500 does not make it a chick car.

Would I buy a Toyota Camry? not on your life. Would I buy a VW Beetle? no. Would I buy a Fiat 500? Yes. I predict that you will see a significant percentage of guys buying the car: this will automatically prevent it from becoming a chick car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Personally I think the base 500 is retro statement that women absolutely love and surprisingly a lot of guys think is cool because it is so small and a little weird.

To quote Jeremy Clarkson 'It makes you happy'. Everytime I get into my car it makes me fell just a bit better. It's one of the few cars that I have really wanted because it makes me smile and the payments are less than what most people pay for cable. What would I not be happy about?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would rock a verde pop and I am a male. Don't care what other people think. Besides women love the Abarth. If I wasn't married, I would be making a killing in this car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
This is based one what I see driving around: I look at, and wave at, every 500 I see on the road. In doing so, I have a pretty good idea of the demographics in my area (L.A/O.C.).

Pops, Lounges, and Guccis are almost exclusively driven by women and a few men of retirement age "emptynesters".

500E's drivers seem to be younger (like 30s & 40s), and probably 60/40 M/F from what I've seen.

Sport drivers have mostly been men 70/30 M/F. And I rarely see Sport-Turbos, but the only two I've seen were driven by men.

Abarth drivers have been the youngest (mostly 20s-40s), and every one has been a guy, aside from one girl-racer(in modded Abarth).

All that being said, since 80% of the 500s I see are Pop/Lounge - I'd say there are still probably more female owners, at least around these parts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
50/50 - Definitely a unisex vehicle. As others have mentioned, the Abarth is the staple for the car enthusiasts of ALL genders. A 500 is equally sexy for dudes and female drivers. I think it really boils down to customization. For instance, I think some exterior colors such as the Verde Chiaro and Luce Blue would appeal more to female drivers, while the Nero, Azzurro and Grigio would attract more guys.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts