Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
They should just leave it as an Alfa Romeo and bring it over. Shoot, I'd even compromise and let them call it the Alfa Romeo Dart.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Sadly - it probably comes down to brand recognition. How many young'ins even know what an Alfa Romeo is? What sucks more is it's not even going to be a rebadged Alfa - it's going to be made bigger and slapped with Dodge emblems for it's trouble. Sigh.... ahh well. It's only the beginning of better things to come right? (Crosses fingers)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Name recognition is important, true. Still, I have to wonder if the name Alfa Romeo would be more marketable than Dodge to the demographic they say they're aiming this car at. If you're 25, which would you prefer? The car with an exotic sounding name that you could afford or the car just like your spinster great aunt had?

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I don't believe youngsters would have more recognition with Dart than with anything else. I asked a high school senior who was interning where I work, what he thought of the Will.I.Am performance at the superbowl. He said it was the first time he had recognised an artist in a superbowl show.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If this car were badged as an Alfa Romeo, what sales outlet would you have? The ~ 130 Fiat dealers, most likely. Branded as a Dodge, you have many hundreds of established sales outlets to sell from. For a company that absolutely needs a knockout product offering in the segment that the Dart will serve, the Chrysler-Fiat (or is that Fiat-Chrysler?) decision to go with Dodge must have been an easy one.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Yes but you're also assuming the target audiance would be car enthusiasts and not someone shopping for an appliance. There's a huge difference! Back in 95... I was the extreme minority - just out of high school guy - happy to be in a 10 year old underpowered Bertone X 1/9 - who laughed hysterically at all of my peers who bought brand new Dodge Neons. Sadly - it's those very same Neon minded people that are driving the market now. We're a rare breed. I'm happier once again in my 101 horseposwer Fiat than the 200+ horespower BMW it replaced!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
If this car were badged as an Alfa Romeo, what sales outlet would you have? The ~ 130 Fiat dealers, most likely. Branded as a Dodge, you have many hundreds of established sales outlets to sell from. For a company that absolutely needs a knockout product offering in the segment that the Dart will serve, the Chrysler-Fiat (or is that Fiat-Chrysler?) decision to go with Dodge must have been an easy one.
Agreed. Which is why I say this is the start of better things to come. :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
This car is the one referenced in certain articles this past September except it had no name at the time but indicated it was based off the Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

Here is one for reference.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
hey Moderators......maybe we can combine threads, as there is already one going on this? :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts