Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I was actually interested this when I saw this piost earlier - but I should mention that my 500 Sport antenna base does not match what is pictured. This gives cause for fitment concern. Pricing is awesome though - $24.99 shipped? And 500 Madness wants how much? For an itty bitty antenna???

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm noticing a theme with your posts about aftermarket parts...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I'm noticing a theme with your posts about aftermarket parts...
You have a sharp eye. I have no problem with aftermarket. If this ends up fitting - I'll actually jump on it. However, I get nervous when the product pictured does not match what I actually have. Oh, and my car is fitted with an aftermarket intake and aftermarket springs by the way. Just sayin'. ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
The one identical to this for $39 bucks and a much nicer Carbon Fiber for $249, so not terribly bad even at double the price as I am fairly certain they can't offer a competing price to sites such as that, at least not easily or without a likely substantial loss to their profit margin for the particular product.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mneuman916,

how is your base different from this one? I'm confused....

I was actually interested this when I saw this piost earlier - but I should mention that my 500 Sport antenna base does not match what is pictured. This gives cause for fitment concern. Pricing is awesome though - $24.99 shipped? And 500 Madness wants how much? For an itty bitty antenna???

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
That is a VW roof line in the picture from the OP, i had one just like that from them on my 04 Jetta. I agree with the earlier post, the fiat antenna is not round its flat. Even the one from 500 madness starts flat to match the base but then rounds out. I want one that matches the factory but is just shorter.

I stumbled upon this short short rubber bee sting antenna. Does anyone here have it installed? How is the fitment and reception?
http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/product_info.php?products_id=8

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
That picture the OP posted looks like its from a Mini or a VW. The website shows its a fiat but that antenna base doesn't look anything like the one on my 2012 Sport. I bought one like that from them and used it on my 06 Mini Cooper S, and my 04 VW Jetta (there antenna bases are almost identical.) I agree with the earlier post, the fiat antenna on my car is not round its flat. Even the one from 500 madness starts flat to match the base but then rounds out. I want one that matches the factory but is just shorter. Heres a picture of the 500 madness one and you can see the way the base is shaped different. Thats how it is on my 2012 sport.

I stumbled upon this short short rubber bee sting antenna. Does anyone here have it installed? How is the fitment and reception?
http://www.parts4euro.com/DCShop/product_info.php?products_id=8

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
mneuman916,

how is your base different from this one? I'm confused....
I just snapped a pic with my phone - forgive the quality, it's a bit dark out there! My base does not look like what is pictured above. Are the antennas different if you have the SiriusXM Satellite radio? I figued that they were all the same! :confused:

View attachment 1117

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Thats exactly what mine looks like, but i have Sirius/XM as well. We need some other people without Sirius/XM to chime in.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
So it looks like the antenna in the op will only fit w/o Sirius/XM. Mystery solved!

·
Registered
707 Posts
anyone pick up the one from 500Madness for their SiriusXM equipped 500? I'm looking to switch it out but not sure if it will affect the reception

·
Registered
54 Posts
The stem itself is no different on a Fiat that has sirius and one without... just the base because the Sat antenna is built into the base.... the stem is just for AM/FM reception....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts