Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Dealership offer an extended Warranty for the 500?

And is the Fiat 500 Warranty coverage in your opinions - good, fair or poor?

Anyone have a warranty related repair yet? :eek:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Question about Warranty

My Chrysler/Fiat dealer sold me a 3 year extended warranty from Chrysler Warranty Service for 1700 bucks. I have just written them asking to cancel it as I don't historically keep cars longer than 5 or 6 years and the Canadian warranty is in my view enough.The business ofice guy caught me in a weak moment.

I am not sure how Chrysler will reply to my cancellation request as i bought the car 2 months ago.Will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

If the Canadian laws are anything like the US ones, you should be able to cancel. My paperwork indicates that you will be eligible for a pro-rated re-imbursement. Since the paperwork also indicates that the extended warranty doesn't come into effect until the regular warranty ends, it may be that you'd be eligible for a full refund at this time then.

Regards

Pat

·
Registered
614 Posts
If there's a bogus cancellation fee, I'd ask them to waive it, particularly if they expect you to buy the Abarth next year (hint, hint)

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Question about Warranty

Thanks guys! Letter just went into the mail yesterday.I expect it will sort out but one never knows dealing with a large faceless company.Thanks for the Abarth tip too!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Letters always get attention, as the squeaky wheel always gets the grease. Simply do this : do not take NO for an answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts