Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Sunroof leak, work properly and worth it?

Also, does the Sunroof feature available for the Pop, or just for the Sport model?

Anyone have any issues with the mechanics or electrics of the Sunroof? I'm thinking about buying a Fiat and would appreciate honest feedback, (once you stop being so darned Giddy! :eek: over your Fiat!!) Boy oh boy!

Thanks, Dan

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
No leak here and I think but cannot be certain the sunroof is not on the Pop that I recall seeing, only noticed it on the Sport models. No leaks and looking at the design it doesn't seem overly likely, also having had another car with one and no issues I am hopeful and feel this one won't be a problem either.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
No sun roof leaks here. Only worry I have, when I'm on the highway, and it's really windy out side. The sunroof blows off the car. I think its just glued on.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I can say one thing, the 500 sunroof is one of if not the most noisy I have ever heard! You really have to crank the Bose to compensate, something else to keep in mind, maybe a wind deflector would lessen it, I may have to get one to find out!

I know this has nothing to do with leaks but as for the "honest feedback" I thought it was worth mentioning.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
It's noisy because it sit above the car. Lots of wind noise turbulence. Super nice today cursing in to work, top open, 71 degrees. Got to love it.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Power Sunroof *IS* an option on the Pop.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I concur with smark (not about the glue); no need for air with the roof and windows open either - and I like the sound of all that wind! It is a bit much though if you want to have a conversation with someone... I really like the shade feature also

·
Registered
453 Posts
I forget who, I think it was RoadDad, but someone said that if you lock the air dam back down after the roof is retracted, the noise is reduced but the back seat gets hammered with air/wind. Anyone else try that?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts

Also, does the Sunroof feature available for the Pop, or just for the Sport model?

Anyone have any issues with the mechanics or electrics of the Sunroof? I'm thinking about buying a Fiat and would appreciate honest feedback, (once you stop being so darned Giddy! :eek: over your Fiat!!) Boy oh boy!

Thanks, Dan
not hearing of any problems in the service dept. I would have chosen the power sunroof but didn't for some health issues. too much sun doesn't do well for my wife. but not a problem......I love my FIAT w/o it too!

......Only worry I have, when I'm on the highway, and it's really windy out side. The sunroof blows off the car. I think its just glued on.
I think you're confusing your FIAT with your smart. :p

·
Registered
7 Posts

Thanks, Dan
I love my sunroof. It works great, doesn't leak and is nice whether open or closed. The mesh screen is great as well, not just for sun but for mosquitoes!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

The sunroof works great, and IMHO, it's the "must-have" option on all 500...
I don't know about that. Maybe its just because I grew up in Texas, but when I get in my car, I'm usually happy to be out of the sun, not still sitting in it. :)

Regards

Pat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts