Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you change out the bulb in the dome light??? Do you just pop off the bezel or do you pop off the assemble and change the bulb.

My new 500 Sport with sunroof came with one dome light blown or something??? So would like to change the bulbs and put the blue daylight color looking ones in instead.

Also anybody know what kind of bulb the dome light is????

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can do that

Can do that but that's not what I was asking.

Want to customize the interior of the car to my liking so that is why I am asking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer doesn'teven have a parts department yet, so that also means that they don't have a service department either. So there is no tech there to show me that is why I was asking.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I am interested in how to chasnge the bulbs as well. I have two LED replacement bulbs in red that I want to place in the fron dome (s). So does anyone know how to replace the bulbs? Also, does anyone know how to replace the cabin air filter (where si it located)? thanks.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I am interested in how to chasnge the bulbs as well. I have two LED replacement bulbs in red that I want to place in the fron dome (s). So does anyone know how to replace the bulbs? Also, does anyone know how to replace the cabin air filter (where si it located)? thanks.
i wanna get LEDs for the dome as well, what r they called/size?

·
Premium Member
22,120 Posts
REPLACEMENT BULBS

Interior Lights Bulb Type
Overhead Lamp C5W
Courtesy Lamp W5W

Exterior Lights Bulb Type
Front Low and High Beam Headlamp HIR2
Front Parking/Daytime Running Lamps W21/5W
Front Fog Lamps H11
Front Side Marker Lamps W3W
Front Turn Signal Lamps WY21W
Side Direction Lamps W5W
Rear Turn Signal Lamps PY21W
Rear Side Marker Lamps W3W
Rear Tail and Stop Lamps P21W/5W
Rear Backup Lamps W16W
License Plate Lamps LED (See Authorized Dealer)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
REPLACEMENT BULBS

Overhead Lamp C5W
Courtesy Lamp W5W

Front Fog Lamps H11
Side Direction Lamps W5W
Rear Backup Lamps W16W
Sticky! THIS!

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
The question still hasn't been answered as to how to remove the dome light assembly, i tried tugging on it a bit but it didn't come loose, maybe ill ask the dealer how to remove it, im pretty good with the parts manager, and its the only one i haven't figured out how to remove/ haven't already removed and swapped with an LED.

·
Premium Member
22,120 Posts
The question still hasn't been answered as to how to remove the dome light assembly, i tried tugging on it a bit but it didn't come loose, maybe ill ask the dealer how to remove it, im pretty good with the parts manager, and its the only one i haven't figured out how to remove/ haven't already removed and swapped with an LED.
Haven't looked at it myself, figured if I remember I'd try to see what comes of it tomorrow as I am now curious about it.

I did more Google searching and found this on another forum so this is your answer by italophile. "There are clips at the back of the dome light housing and pegs in front. To remove, pull back on the unit to compress the clips, then pull the front side down. It requires more effort than you might think and it comes free with a loud pop. Unplug the wire. On the back side, the long white plastic rectangle is hinged at one end and snaps in at the other. Use a small, flat screwdriver to pry the snap end loose and expose the bulbs. In the words of Haynes, reassembly is the reverse of removal."

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Doesn't it show how to in the owners manual?
smark: Actually, the owners manual doesnt show much of anything regarding the dome lighting or how to replace the bulb. I would try contacting the studio.. but im sure its pretty easy.. I would think you just pop off the light cover and replace the bulb...

·
Premium Member
22,120 Posts
smark: Actually, the owners manual doesnt show much of anything regarding the dome lighting or how to replace the bulb. I would try contacting the studio.. but im sure its pretty easy.. I would think you just pop off the light cover and replace the bulb...
The how to is listed above...if someone wants to try it.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
REPLACEMENT BULBS

Overhead Lamp C5W
Courtesy Lamp W5W

Front Fog Lamps H11
Side Direction Lamps W5W
Rear Backup Lamps W16W
i have this list, i wanted to know whats the equivalent in LED, i know LED have different designations. but thanks.

·
Premium Member
22,120 Posts
i have this list, i wanted to know whats the equivalent in LED, i know LED have different designations. but thanks.
More-so a reference to do the needed cross referencing which has previously been discussed, I posted some info on that but am uncertain where that thread is since it was many months ago, perhaps it'll be easier to get more info now that a little time has passed. I actually thought about this during the day today and had hoped I could locate some info, once I do I intend to edit and add to the list for those wishing to switch to LED lighting.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts