Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Only 5500 miles and scratches on inside drivers door are really annoying.

What do you think FiatCares. Warranty Valid??? You can't touch the door panel and not leave a permanent scratch!!!!!

Looking for suggestions on making the door panels more scratch resistant. I'm tempted to Hydrographic the whole door panel or paint them and clear coat them with a semi gloss.

Also how do you remove the door handle cubbie (the little compartment cover where the side mirror switch is). I want to Hydrographic in carbon fiber.

Fiat 500 Argento Sport

·
Registered
81 Posts
+1 with smark

·
Registered
825 Posts
Yeah, scuff marks have been covered on here before. No way that's a warranty issue. It's a small car and feet are going to contact it, especially getting out of the car.

Unless you're wearing some kind of steel-tipped roach killers, the scuff marks generally come right out. Once a week, I take a warm wet rag to that spot and they disappear.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not even scuffs I'm talking fine scratches like a fingernail can cause or your keys when you exit. terrible. I may paint the door panels and clear coat in satin

Sent from my Argento 500

·
Registered
157 Posts
everyday it's a new post about some other aspect of your car you are concerned about. Just go for a drive and enjoy it. It will get scratched, it will get scuffed, you will eventually break it. If you wanted it to maintain its perfection you should have bought two and left one under a glass case... if the plastic is getting scratched what do you think paint will do?

·
Registered
424 Posts
My brother does custom interior work. I already told him about complaints about the door cards. Google or E-mail him at mrmikes.com, mention that you are a fiat 500 forum person, and he may be able to fix you up with some solution. He's really smart about such things.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The door panels do indeed scratch easily. I covered mine with clear tape in the areas that they scratch frequently. The lower panel is particularly vulnerable because people use their feet to push the door open. Here is a solution to make things look better. http://www.duplicolor.com/projects/project/vinylFabric/
one you do that..then use clear tape to protect it.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I'd love to see him rhino line the whole interior plastics.

·
Registered
13,466 Posts
Every car I owned with a plastic interior, has had scratch
marks on the door panel. Again use some low shine,
Amor All.

·
Registered
312 Posts
+1 for the rhino!

On a serious note though, Michaelo can we get pictures of this said tape? Doesn't the heat just make it melt off and cause a sticky mess all over?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.