Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,
I have a 2013 Fiat Abarth, I am looking to install a double din, Radio of choice is a Pioneer AVIC-8201NEX, looking for a kit, however after doing some searching I came across 2, however the ratings/reviews are completely horrible, anyone have ideas/thoughts alternates as well of the radio of choice being a problem

appreciate any feedback

·
Registered
82 Posts
I bought my dash kit through spiral audio, you’ll have the cut the air ducts waaaay back. Best way to see if it’s going to fit, is to plop the radio in the opening and see if it’s flush with the dash yet.
Definitely worth it IMO.
What did yo end up cutting yours with? That was the hardest part of my install because I lack any good cutting tools, lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What did yo end up cutting yours with? That was the hardest part of my install because I lack any good cutting tools, lol.
It was also the hardest part of the install for me, can’t really get anything good to fit back there, so I wound up using a box knife and a Dremel.

·
Vendor
283 Posts
Actually these audio installation dash kits are available online and you can order them on our site. This part is good to install universal stereos which is approximately 7" wide by 4" high.
Available in two colors: White and Black to match the dash style of your Fiat 500

Scosche® - Double DIN Stereo Dash Kit

·
Registered
2014 Fiat 500C Abarth GQ Edition
7 Posts
Like Everyone said, the Spiral Audio kit works great, it is expensive, but its what you need.

I have the Pioneer 8400 with a sub in the trunk, and it THUMPS.

Its an expensive endeavour, but to cruise down the highway, with the wireless apple play, thumping to whatever you want to hear its a huge upgrade. Reverse Camera and all.

·
Registered
2014 Fiat 500C Abarth GQ Edition
7 Posts
Is the Pioneer 8400 plug and play?
No the 8400 needs either a harness to make it compatible or you have to go to an audio shop for them to wire. I think I got an adapter tho, like a harness that made it plug and play. Obviously if you want to put back up camera and mic and such you can do it yourself if you know how or go to a shop. I got it all done for like $200 installed. But the radio wasn’t cheap, and the kit to install it isn’t cheap. All in, I would say probably ran me like $600-$700. (I got my head unit on eBay used)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Can anyone tell me if these 2-din radio's from A+ brands do interconnect with the can-bus and show the car specific details that are currently shown by the original radio? (the 2016- and up 5" screen i mean.)

the ilx-702DM says: The KIT-7FI-500FL includes a glossy-black custom-fit 2DIN frame, wiring harness with CAN interface and an antenna adapter. The CAN interface allows usage of the steering wheel remote control buttons and retention of the car menu setup through your Alpine system.

However; this is stated for the regular 500. Will this work for the 500e as well? I can only assume the can bus data is equal, but.... ?

Also, whats strange to me, is that they have the 1din internals reversed to be up, especially for the fiat. But... shouldn't this be low? On the up side are the fan ducts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts