Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looky Looky what I got today!!! Gadget Technology Electronic device Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive exterior Bumper Technology Auto part Car seat
Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive exterior Steering part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car City car Subcompact car
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Engine

Reactions: Marqui$

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
13,522 Posts
They might make a generic wiring harness, just for the basic speakers set up. Each audio manufacturer has different electronic, on their head units. It would be too costly to make a specific harness for each model car, with every aftermarket audio head unit out there. The Blue & Me steering wheel control, are not going to control a Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, etc. head unit. Too many models to deal with. It would be nice, but I really doubt it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where is the finished product pics?! I am thinking about this for my car and I want to see how it all goes together. Also I am not sure if there is a thread on here yet but what is it like to get the stock unit out? Straight forward or are there hidden bolts all over the place. I've done a few car stereos and I know some you have to take EVERYTHING apart to get to it. Thanks for the pics so far and I look forward to seeing how it looks all buttoned up!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Wow!!! Sorry I was so excited that I couldn't wait to drive the car.

The kit relocates the vents to the sides of the radio. They still work great. The install is not simple. We had to mod the factory vents to get it to work. The dash kit does come with the proper covers so the air is rerouted to the new vents. HAVE A PROFESSIONAL DO IT.

The factory radio comes out pretty easy. On the front left of the radio around the power button are two unused buttons, same on the right (but around the menu button). Those pull off, and you can use a set of radio release keys to slide the radio out. These are very common tools ("keys") to have at a car audio shop. We call them ford keys. Ford used that style of key to remove their radios for years.

If you want to put in a standard single din radio the process is pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·