Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driver door rattles ..dealer changed gasket ..same issue ...went back because the side head liners fell down ... still rattle ..they changed window track now ok but still wind when driving on the highway...very annoying ...they already changed the door gasket but still leaking where the top of door starts to turn down at the post ...any one with the same issue

Attachments

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Same issue I have too, it went in yesterday for that same problem. They didn't know how to fix it. Have to bring it back next Tuesday, for another try to fix. Notice now, a lot a small dimple dents around the door where they were working. Must be very thin metal. Listen to that door for a month now. How to fix, turn up the radio. The weather stripping is too tight to the door fame. Thats what making the noise. Creaking noise.

I also have miss aligned rear spoiler. Was told they would have to take a photo of it. Send it to Fiat for fix approval. What ever 4 year 50,000 bumper to bumper???? Still love the little car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
third time back for door rattle ,wind noise/ rattle stopped for 4 days just started again tonight and wind noise is even louder....that Bose system fixes all !!!!! My front passanger seat black and red 2 tone leather has a circular discoloration in the skins ...They just ordered new skins for me

BUT i still love the little bugger with all theses annoying things:D

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
I going to try something tomorrow. I'm going to take car wax, and apply it around the inside of the door sill. Acting like a smooth lub. Don't won't anything greasy. It's the weather stripping rubbing against the inside of the sills. The doors on the car flex. The weather stripping is very tight. It was raining Friday evening. The water on seals on the outside stop the noise? After it dry, the noise started again. If you roll down the window. Pull back and forth on the top of window frame, you will hear the creaking noise. I really don't think the dealer knows how to fix the issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you are right ..i did the same ...will try the wax...still have to top the air and wind noise

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Valerio, does your car have a sunroof? I wonder if it's just the sunroof cars. Less support.
I drove 4 cars, before buying this one. None of them made any creaking noises. I didn't test drive the car, I bought. My mistake. Let me know if the wax works. All I know is the weather seals on this car, are very tight. The door is flexing a little. How would you stop flexing?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they changed out the window track....worked so far...but still have a wind noise at to rear part of door ... bringing back next week

·
Registered
582 Posts
No rattles for me but I do have the wind noise in the same area which is rather annoying but I've been too busy to bring it in so I just use the "radio fix" for now. Mine is a Lounge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts