Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The doors seals seem very tight, on my car. Does any body have issues with rattles in the drivers door. More like shimmy noises? Very hard to describe. The way I've always fixed rattles or noises is to turn up the radio.:confused:

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
no, sorry...can't say I have. but then again I DO have my Bose CRANKED for the most part and when it's not, I'm talking to my wife on the B&M. maybe I should check it out......

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roll up the window, turn off the radio, and listen. A creaking noise. Got to love that Bose for noise control!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nope...

What I have been noticing is that after I lowered the car something makes a strange noise... as if the car itself was bending. WTH. I know it's impossible, and it doesn't sound that bad, but it's the only way I can describe the sound.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have that "flexing" creak sound that seems to be coming from the B pillar. Only noticeable when I take off.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is this car a unibody car? Is it held together with nut/bolts or like the Lotus, with a plastic sort of adhesion process? It shouldn't creak - that can't be good. :(

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All modern production cars, these days, are unibody construction. Been that way for many years, Something in the door, is make the noise.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fixed the driver door creaking noise today myself. Got a can of silicon spray. Sprayed some silicon on a rag. Ran the rag across the top of the drivers door weather strip. No more creaking noise from the door. Why couldn't the dealership have fix that? That noise has drove me crazy now for a month and a half. All gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We'll have to see, how long this will last for. I live a couple block from the dealership. It might take a new upper driver side weather seal. 1 out of 5, 500's on the lot make the creaking noise when you move the upper sill back and forth. Try it on your own. Roll down the window, and push the upper window sill back and forth, from in side the vehicle. You'll hear a creaking noise. Showed the service tech, a couple weeks ago, the issue at their Fiat open house.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hmm... makes me want to try some INOX lube. That stuff works wonders everywhere else, why not here? Plus, it doesn't dry out. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Local tech at my Fremont Fiat told me that the Prima's had this sort of problem, and they had a fix for it. He said that the later models had this taken care of~? Check with your local Fiat!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a Fiat 500 and had the same problem for 2 days. Took some auto window cleaner and used a rag to wipe them down and POOF, the creaking is gone. Wiped down the door gaskets and the gaskets they meet up against on the door opening. Got a little black on the rag when I wiped down the gaskets in the door openings.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Local tech at my Fremont Fiat told me that the Prima's had this sort of problem, and they had a fix for it. He said that the later models had this taken care of~? Check with your local Fiat!
I put my 500 in the shop 06/11 for this same problem and a few others that I was having. The tech said that this was a common problem on early production cars and that it had been fixed in the later cars. Mine was made in 05/11. The are replacing the door seals on both the driver and passenger sides.

There is also a TSB out regarding squeeking/rattling doors. Very easy fix in which they remove one of the nuts on the door rod and reinstall it with loctite.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have an annoying rattle coming from within the door itself...it is a hard sound, almost metallic. I'll have the dealer check that and the squeaky seats next service.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts