Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

My driver's door started making a loud pop when I open it all the way. On closer inspection, I noticed the bolt holding the hinge to the body is ever-so-slightly loose. Not finger loose, obviously, but just loose enough to allow the hinge to slide a bit and make that irritating noise.

It's a bolt with a star-head, I don't have drivers for that, so I guess it'll keep until my next service visit, although I do drive by a dealer three times a week, I guess I'll just pop in and have it tightened.

Ryan

·
Registered
343 Posts
Weird. I seem to remember Fiat / Chrysler stating that they had made some sort of quality interview with all employees, and a suggestion they implemented was using a torque sensing tool to tighten all nuts and bolts.

Apparently, the tool is out of whack. I've read here far too many stories about loose rear seats...!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Door bolt loose

On my Sport, I noticed a sound when opening and traced it to the silver Allen head bolt which holds the door strap stop to the A post.

Tightened it up and all is well. Checked the passenger side and found it was snug as it should be.

Not sure if this is the same problem as yours.

dennis:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is a recall & bulletin/r..r.t. [rapid response transmittal] for this problem on early-build 500's. Remove both left & right door check-strap bolts [8mm hex], apply medium [blue] loc-tite, reinstall & tighten bolts is the fix.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
There was a recall on that. Add some red bolt lock, to the tread of the bolt. Tighten. The dealer did mine. Didn't even have to ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts