Fiat 500 Forum banner

Duplicate Key

5K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Bluesky46 
#1 ·
Hi This is my first time in this forum. I would like to know how can I get a copy of my Fiat Pop 2012 if I lost my spear key

#4 ·
Be prepared to spend $225+, then go to your local FIAT dealer. Unfortunately, technology isn't cheap.

#8 ·
My experience, but maybe only partly related to your issue. I have a 2014 Fiat500. I have both key FOB's for mine but I wanted a spare key (without the FOB) that I could hide somewhere when I travel, just incase I lost the FOB. I was told I could only buy a replacement key from the dealer and it was way too expensive. Well I found someone on ebay selling uncut blanks, cheap. I can't remember, but something like 3 for $10. I took a flyer and bought some. So now I take this to a lock smith to have them cut. Every lock smith I went to said they cannot cut the Fiat keys. Say they are not allowed to cut a Fiat key. I even went to the city and went to the main store for Allied Security, where they sell all kinds of keys and locks. Same story, they couldn't do it. But before I got out of the store a sales guy comes up to me and hands me a piece of paper with a phone number written on it, says "call this guy". So I did, turns out he worked out of a old beat up Chevy van in a parking lot near the shopping mall. I was able to find him and he says, no problem, I can cut that for you. While he was doing that he says, "you know this key has a chip in it too, it will open your door the way it is now, but it won't start your car unless it's programed" and he says for an extra $10 I can program it too. So sure.. why not. So for $20 cash I got the keys cut and programed. He didn't speak English and I never saw him again after that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.