Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok so I searched and found on YouTube a stock Fiat running 86HP. So I am a little confused. Maybe it's my car????? So I run the injen air intake and was running the RRM axel back the result with this setup was 87.58hp & 88.98tq did it again 87.33HP & 85.48tq. Then I switched the axel back to Ezio straight pipe axel back that produced 90.69HP & 87.77tq. I would like to run another dyno with some other bolt on. Also the dyno guy was a little confused at the timing on my car. Wanted to know if anyone else encountered that.... View attachment 505

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Every Dyno will throw different numbers.. Don't worry about it. Just use the same dyno everytime you make changes. Also, the 101hp they list the car at is at the flywheel, not the tires

·
Registered
176 Posts
Our stock 500 put down 83-83 hp on a Dynojet.

You can't compare your dyno results with another random dyno done somewhere else. Different cars, different users, different temperatures, different settings, different calibrations, etc etc. You can even get noticeably different numbers on back-to-back runs by doing something seemingly insignificant like waiting longer between runs or opening a nearby door and getting cooler outside air.

Then there is the ego factor - inflated or manipulated numbers on purpose. Many shops have been known to do this on purpose to attract more clients. Poeple like to go to whatever dyno will tell them their car makes the most power.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know every dyno has different results. Being a HD guy with a 124 cu motor I was always dynoing and tuning it 4 different dynos 2 different states at least 3 where in the ball park and 1 wasn't. Just was looking for a baseline. I am trying find someone out here with fiat that can do a couple runs at this dyno it's pretty tough. I bought my car in august and only have seen 3 Fiats since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts