Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks! I've gotten a lot of great info from this forum over the years, but I couldn't find anything concrete on this... probably because the specific package my car came with is pretty uncommon. I have a very early 2012 500 Pop, which didn't come with Blue&Me, steering wheel audio controls, or a USB port in the glove box. I also don't have the Bose audio upgrade. Straight factory.

I'm looking to install an aftermarket stereo. Just a pretty basic single DIN head unit. Every installation guide I've seen recommends a wiring harness with the ability to keep all the bells and whistles my car never had. I'm not necessarily looking to cheap out on parts, but $70+ seems a bit steep just to keep the factory aux port hooked up, especially when the new head unit will have its own aux input if I really need it.

So my question is: is there a simpler harness I can get to install a new head unit in my no-frills Pop? And is there anything else routed through the factory stereo that I should be aware of before replacing it?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi folks! I've gotten a lot of great info from this forum over the years, but I couldn't find anything concrete on this... probably because the specific package my car came with is pretty uncommon. I have a very early 2012 500 Pop, which didn't come with Blue&Me, steering wheel audio controls, or a USB port in the glove box. I also don't have the Bose audio upgrade. Straight factory.

I'm looking to install an aftermarket stereo. Just a pretty basic single DIN head unit. Every installation guide I've seen recommends a wiring harness with the ability to keep all the bells and whistles my car never had. I'm not necessarily looking to cheap out on parts, but $70+ seems a bit steep just to keep the factory aux port hooked up, especially when the new head unit will have its own aux input if I really need it.

So my question is: is there a simpler harness I can get to install a new head unit in my no-frills Pop? And is there anything else routed through the factory stereo that I should be aware of before replacing it?

I had a 2012 Pop also, and by the time I ended up trading it to Carvana for an Abarth, my sound system sounded AMAZING thanks to my mechanic friend...I swapped out all speakers, added an underseat sub, and didn't spend a lot for anything ( I actually did it over the course of 3 years) I took everything out save the actual door and pillar speakers, including the harness(es), so if you are interested in getting all that stuff, pm me, as I have already upgraded the Abarth to something else...

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

I think, you should look up your vin# and see if you can find out how it left the factory because, you are right, your car must be really rare - blue & me, steering wheel control and USB port are all standard equipment on all grades of Fiat 500. Or at least according to the catalogue. So you may actually have a very rare configuration. I think you can look it up with FCA or whatever the **** they are today, and if you do, let us know. Such oddities are really interesting.

·
Registered
13,463 Posts
I think, you should look up your vin# and see if you can find out how it left the factory because, you are right, your car must be really rare - blue & me, steering wheel control and USB port are all standard equipment on all grades of Fiat 500. Or at least according to the catalogue. So you may actually have a very rare configuration. I think you can look it up with FCA or whatever the **** they are today, and if you do, let us know. Such oddities are really interesting.
Blue and Me, wasn’t a standard feature, on early 2012 500 Pops. That were produced in 2011.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts