Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the shifter position a little awkward in relation to my seating position and the other day my reverse lockout decided to come apart, while it was apart I realized that on a 5 speed car where the reverse is in a different position than every other gear, its not a necessity. So I removed the reverse lockout, and took my after market knob and screwed it in which made everything lower, and made the throws feel shorter, plus its more comfortable. I also removed the chrome plastic piece that sits around the boot, looked cheap to me. Just thought id share, took me less than 5 minutes

·
Registered
453 Posts
That does look nice. You'd have to be a really ninny to hit reverse on accident anyway, so I'm not seeing a problem. What model knob is that, and where did you get it?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's only an issue if your reverse is in the same position as the first or 5th gear but since it's not it won't be a problem. The knob is from an italian company called "personale" its all carbon. I got it from clementes 4 play autosports. He is a vendor on this forum. The owners name
Is Gio. He stocks lots of cool stuff for the 500.

·
Registered
112 Posts
How did you go about removing the reverse lockout as I'm looking into removing mine aswel. I recently had a stepped stud madeup so that I can easily run any Honda thread pitch shift knob

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I would love to remove mine, too. I'm going to see the Book of Mormon next week at the Pantages theater. I'm going to have to valet my car, so I'm worried that the punk teenager valet won't know how to put it in to reverse! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts