Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using an iPod classic for their eco: drive data? Just wondering if it would read it properly and actually work rather than having to swap out the ipod for a data stick to download the data.

·
Registered
317 Posts
To add to the question does it matter if you leave eco drive on all the time or should it be shut off? To answer your question I don't know.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
To add to the question does it matter if you leave eco drive on all the time or should it be shut off? To answer your question I don't know.
If you remove the flash drive (or iPod if it does work) then it'd be a good idea to consider turning off EcoDrive because it will fill the cars on-board memory, probably be around 1-2 weeks of driving time but it does happen, I pulled mine and got the msg on the display saying memory was full, so either plug something in or pull it and shut ED off shortly or re-plug and download the data on occasion at the least.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since no one can say for sure whether or not it will work, I bit the bullet. I've just installed it on my ipod classic. It shows up when I view it via PC (which there is no reason it shouldn't. )

I'll know for sure tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts