Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been using Eco:Drive on my 500 Lounge C for two weeks and my best score is 63. Frankly, it takes all the pleasure out of driving my 500 so I decided to stop using it. Now I just stomp on the gas a go and break as hard as I want to. So far it's cost me about 1 MPG. That is well worth the cost to enjoy the fun of driving this neat little car. Anybody agree?

·
Registered
393 Posts
It sure is worth the 1 MPG. Other cars have significant loss of MPG's when stomping on the gas and giving the car a rip.

I know if I had my 500 I wouldn't be driving it easy since i have a heavy foot :D

·
Registered
614 Posts
Have been using Eco:Drive on my 500 Lounge C for two weeks and my best score is 63. Frankly, it takes all the pleasure out of driving my 500 so I decided to stop using it. Now I just stomp on the gas a go and break as hard as I want to. So far it's cost me about 1 MPG. That is well worth the cost to enjoy the fun of driving this neat little car. Anybody agree?
Yeah I figured it was akin to grandma Walton characteristics. :D

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I've not downloaded my info for the first time just yet, but according to my 'average mpgs', I'm getting 38.1 on this tank so far and got 36.3 on the last one.

I'm interested to see how that compares to the EcoDrive figures and what kind of feedback I get. once I get the hang of getting the best mpgs I can, I'll just go back to driving it for fun......until gas hits $4 again.

THEN its time to get out the flashdrive and start saving $$$$! :)

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm enjoying my car and drive very spirited with the SPORT button on all the time. I've been using Eco Drive and trying to get the lowest score possible but I haven't been able to push below 52.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
anyone running ecoDrive with Windows 7? I installed the ecoDrive ap on my old laptop last week. over the weekend it bit the dust, so I went and purchased a new one.....with Windows 7. seems in the setup for ecoDrive, it only works on XP and Vista. I installed it but it only goes as far as setting up my flashdrive and thats it.

anyone else have '7'? :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't own a 500... yet, but have test driven a bunch of them.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the display to show me the avg and instantaneous mpgs. Can you guys tell me how to get that information to show up?

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
maybe I need to upgrade.......I'm still working with the 'starter' version. guess its back to Best Buy.......:rolleyes:

You must have a netbook then, I am using my desktop, the net-book has a USB related issue and the laptop I barely use, the other couple desktops are just for backup so the only one I have tested on is Win 7 x64 Ultimate with SP1 to be specific. I would imagine anything beyond Starter would be good, most desktops and laptops come with Windows 7 Home Premium, I would suggest x64 because of the support for larger memory configs and the slightly improved security (of course not root-kits can also affect x64 so that isn't as secure as it once was sadly).

·
Registered
582 Posts
I don't own a 500... yet, but have test driven a bunch of them.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the display to show me the avg and instantaneous mpgs. Can you guys tell me how to get that information to show up?
There's a button on the end of the windshield washer control arm, click that to cycle through all the various data.

As for EcoDrive and Windows 7 no issues here with WIndows 7 Enterprise Edition 64bit and SP1.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
You must have a netbook then.......I would imagine anything beyond Starter would be good
yep, its a Toshiba netbook. love the size and portability. down side is that I'll have to do some 'tweaking' (sorry Tweak) to get it where I want it for functionality.

regarding the Win 7, someone on another forum suggested that I upgrade to the Home Premium but also asked if I had the Intel Atom processor, which I do. there may be issues with that as well. I was planning on upgrading anyway, so I'll try that first and go from there.

in the mean time, I put the program on my wifes HP laptop and checked my driving habits. first time out I scored a 66. need to work on acceleration with only 2.5 stars but I got 5 stars on DEceleration! :D

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Win7 Starter is limited and locked down, this may prove useful, the Windows Club does some pretty nice work and offers free solutions to make things nicer. If you decide to get Premium then take a look over at blackviper.com for some "tweaks" that will allow you to optimize the services and yield overall increases in performance.

Specifically look here if you get Premium:
http://www.blackviper.com/2010/12/17/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

And here if you stick with Starter:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/the-w...ISO-8859-1&q=windows+7+starter&sa=Search#1650

·
Registered
124 Posts
I 've been using my Eco:Drive and it's keeps telling me to shift at around 1800 to 2000 RPM. Yawn!! Just trying to get my mileage up for fun. I've hit 40 on average but it seems to be settling in the 38 39 mpg range. Any thoughts on this? My best score is 60 or so.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
I'm in my first 5-day cycle. I'm doing this for fun. I suppose I'll likely try it one more time and give it a rest. It's a nice exercise, but I obsess about things enough without my 'cento chiming in.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Where's the How to Disable EcoDrive Thread???
OR
How do you Disable EcoDrive??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.