Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was week 4 since I bought the little Peppy Rosso (500 Sport, automatic), and two of my neighbors decided it was time to come out of the woodwork and gush over my car. The first neighbor is a woman enamored with the Italian culture, so she accosted me in the hallway and of course said "Ahhh, you got the Cincequecento!!! That will be my next car! I hope it's around for a little while longer." The second is an Italian-American and he admitted that he had been peering into my car windows trying to look inside. He has two Lexuses (Lexii?) and he said he regretted buying the second one and wished he had gotten the FIAT instead. I let him sit in the car, I turned on the Bose stereo, opened up the sun roof (we were parked in the lot), and of course (no worries, Lorvar) I had my seat belt on so the belt buzzer wouldn't go off. He was totally swept away and kept saying how I was so cool because I had purchased a FIAT and that it was the only one he'd seen.

This past Saturday I drove 20 miles south to Signal Hill to check out 500Madness (on a whim), then 30 miles east to Pasadena to visit some friends. On Sunday I drove 40 miles west to Simi Valley to visit more friends. [Off topic: I hovered around 66-67 MPH (speed limit is 65) on the freeways, on the far right lane, and I was passed constantly. I felt very, very slow. I am not blaming the car; crazy LA drivers.] My Pasadena and Simi Valley friends all loved the car, loved the color, loved that I fell in love with the car, etc. etc.

Just wanted to share!

Ciao!

·
Registered
181 Posts
i wish i still got looks from people when im stopped at red lights. here in detroit most poeple are aware of what a fiat 500 is, in other parts of the country people have no clue.

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
I saw 2 500's today. One on the way to work, another on a frontage road going home. I like the folks from 500madness/smartmadness a lot. Bought stuff from them, for my smart car. I have a good friend who live in Long Beach, we need to visit, this summer. Like to go to they shop, while in LA. I guess I drive really slow going to work, on the way home pass everyone. I hate when the speedo get mad, and tells me I'm speeding. I don't like to tailgate, because of rock chips.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Yesterday was week 4 since I bought the little Peppy Rosso (500 Sport, automatic), and two of my neighbors decided it was time to come out of the woodwork and gush over my car. The first neighbor is a woman enamored with the Italian culture, so she accosted me in the hallway and of course said "Ahhh, you got the Cincequecento!!! That will be my next car! I hope it's around for a little while longer." The second is an Italian-American and he admitted that he had been peering into my car windows trying to look inside. He has two Lexuses (Lexii?) and he said he regretted buying the second one and wished he had gotten the FIAT instead. I let him sit in the car, I turned on the Bose stereo, opened up the sun roof (we were parked in the lot), and of course (no worries, Lorvar) I had my seat belt on so the belt buzzer wouldn't go off. He was totally swept away and kept saying how I was so cool because I had purchased a FIAT and that it was the only one he'd seen.

This past Saturday I drove 20 miles south to Signal Hill to check out 500Madness (on a whim), then 30 miles east to Pasadena to visit some friends. On Sunday I drove 40 miles west to Simi Valley to visit more friends. [Off topic: I hovered around 66-67 MPH (speed limit is 65) on the freeways, on the far right lane, and I was passed constantly. I felt very, very slow. I am not blaming the car; crazy LA drivers.] My Pasadena and Simi Valley friends all loved the car, loved the color, loved that I fell in love with the car, etc. etc.

Just wanted to share!

Ciao!
Yes! a convert, lol. Don't want anything happening to my fellow 500 members. <Hug> lol

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I know what you mean about finding excuses for taking trips lol. When I finish work I think about if I have enough time to go for a drive. And when I stop somewhere I usually get a question or comment about the car (Around here in Temecula, I have seen only 1 other Fiat on the road since I bought mine).

Last Saturday, someone in a Sentra pulled along side me and asked for directions. After I told them, they then started asking me about the car, to the point we were starting to hold up traffic lol.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I know what you mean about finding excuses for taking trips lol. ...
I drive 100 miles a day and still want to drive mine on the weekend.

·
Registered
181 Posts
only time i ever got comments on the car was when i got pulled over.
cop told me it was the first fiat he has pulled over, i told him i was honored.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
only time i ever got comments on the car was when i got pulled over.
cop told me it was the first fiat he has pulled over, i told him i was honored.
Cops pull up next to me and start chatting it up about how they used to own one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts