Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got my 500 back from Eibach. They are releasing a Pro Kit (about 1") and a Sport Kit (about 2" which is on my car).

·
Registered
222 Posts
Any word from them on beefier swaybars or coilovers?

I have Pros on both of my cars and their sways on one, and have always been impressed by their quality.

Those sports look nice, but way too low for the NE, I'd imagine.

BTW - what color is your car?? The closest I can come to is mocha latte, but it looks much darker on Fiat's build your own feature. Looks great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since the US version is much different than the EU they are looking at if it would be worth the investment to remake all the parts. It looks promising as I am working with them to push for more parts for our cars.

Mine is the Mocha Latte.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our dealership will have the first sets, we should see the sport kits in about 4 to 6 weeks and the pro kits should be about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Excellent Excellent
I personally would like to go even lower, so I'm holding out for coilovers. We'll see, but I definitely want to drop the car asap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Excellent Excellent
I personally would like to go even lower, so I'm holding out for coilovers. We'll see, but I definitely want to drop the car asap.
Im not sure with the roads we have. I would want coilovers also, but Im a little scared with the state of the roads here in Quebec. Any info on pricing for the sport springs? If the price is right I think I would get a set!

·
Registered
2 Posts
We had our car about 20 minutes before we decided that it needed to swap to different springs to reduce those wheel well gaps, I really like the ride height of your car and would like to mimic it. I have two questions regarding it though; Is there enough adjustment to maintain proper camber or will camber plates be required for the Sport springs? Also, how well are they matched to the characteristics of the stock dampers (assuming they are retained)?

We have a Pop and would like to maintain the current ride quality with the lowered springs. We have put about 400 miles on a Sport and my wife prefered the 'softer' ride that her Pop provided. It will not see any track duty and is purely for enjoyable commuting. We have a track-ready car that she enjoys for it's designed purpose but doesn't want that uncompromising ride on this car. What is your opinion of the ride quality before and after? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We had our car about 20 minutes before we decided that it needed to swap to different springs to reduce those wheel well gaps, I really like the ride height of your car and would like to mimic it. I have two questions regarding it though; Is there enough adjustment to maintain proper camber or will camber plates be required for the Sport springs? Also, how well are they matched to the characteristics of the stock dampers (assuming they are retained)?

We have a Pop and would like to maintain the current ride quality with the lowered springs. We have put about 400 miles on a Sport and my wife prefered the 'softer' ride that her Pop provided. It will not see any track duty and is purely for enjoyable commuting. We have a track-ready car that she enjoys for it's designed purpose but doesn't want that uncompromising ride on this car. What is your opinion of the ride quality before and after? Thanks in advance.
The 500 is actually pretty friendly to the lowering kits. After doing the alignment the car is still within factory specs.

As far as ride quality goes the shocks and springs work well together. On normal small bumps it feels a lot like the stock car. But at this drop you don't have much suspension travel left so the the bigger bumps will bottom out the car. If ride quality is really important to you I would go for the Pro Kit which is only a 1" drop.

Hope this helps.

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, ive been looking at numerous websites with lowering springs for the 500 avalible ... Does this mean that all the ones im seeing are for the European model 500 ? i guess my real question is ... is there a spring kit out yet for the North American model 500 ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
The 500 is actually pretty friendly to the lowering kits. After doing the alignment the car is still within factory specs.

As far as ride quality goes the shocks and springs work well together. On normal small bumps it feels a lot like the stock car. But at this drop you don't have much suspension travel left so the the bigger bumps will bottom out the car. If ride quality is really important to you I would go for the Pro Kit which is only a 1" drop.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Is your car riding on stock shocks? Have you bottomed out yet? How much travel do you have before hitting the bumpstops? Do you have any issues with fender liner clearances?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
5 weeks now, any updates?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts