Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is the Atomik 500 – a modified version of the Fiat 500 that will be powered by an all-electric drivetrain.

The reason for the Atomik in its name is not because of its space-age looks (does it look like it’s got a lantern jaw, or is that just us?), but because it was created by Atomik Cars, a Paris-based marque that’s bringing two Atomik 500s to the Salon Privé motor show, to be held in London this July.

Despite being powered by electricity, the Atomik 500 comes with some quite startling stats, including a 0-62mph of less than five seconds (since when did green cars go that fast?) and a range of more than 200km on just one charge. And the great news is that it’s actually real – not some ambitious concept that will never see the light of day.

“Atomik cars offer a preview of tomorrow’s technology, in cars you can buy and use today,” says the company’s Jerome Griffart.

“Our cars offer avant-garde design, ambition and technological skill and Salon Privé gives us the perfect platform to reach customers looking for just that exclusivity,” he adds.

The Atomik 500 will be on display at the Salon Privé between 21 and 23 July.

SOURCE: Orange

·
Registered
137 Posts
This car looks pretty good. Granted I prefer the Abarth over this one. But for city commuting this should be a pretty good choice. Small, looks good, and electric powered. All the things you need and want in a practical daily driver.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Lookingforward to seeing these on the road. Carbon foot prints are a big deal these days and with all the city driving I do moving to an electric car will be a serios consideration for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts