Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I’m new to the site. I have noticed a few issues with my fiat 500 this week and I was wondering if anybody could help?

My car aux has recently stopped working. It was working one day and then the next it wasn’t. I’ve changed various wires and I’m getting the same response. It will plug in and connect but the sound only comes through my iPhone and not the stereo speakers.

Another problem I have is that my menu button isn’t working. Every time I press it nothing happens.
I wasn’t sure if there’s any hacks for the above

thanks

·
Registered
Nor-Cal PRK
153 Posts
@elishahillx

Try posting your problem to a more euro-centric forum.

REASON: US (North American) spec 500's have different electrical systems than EU Spec 500's

Link: The FIAT Forum

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
Nor-Cal PRK
153 Posts
No problem -

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
Hi! I’m new to the site. I have noticed a few issues with my fiat 500 this week and I was wondering if anybody could help?

My car aux has recently stopped working. It was working one day and then the next it wasn’t. I’ve changed various wires and I’m getting the same response. It will plug in and connect but the sound only comes through my iPhone and not the stereo speakers.

Another problem I have is that my menu button isn’t working. Every time I press it nothing happens.
I wasn’t sure if there’s any hacks for the above

thanks
Pull your radio, from the dashboard. Find a automotive radio repair shop, to fix you radio. Your cars electric system, is a 12 volt system just like our North America cars, and all Fiat’s around the world. sounds like you have a very old iPhone too. Still using AUX port. Is you AUX port, in the console of your car. You might want to check it. Make sure, nothing is clog up in there. A lot of the times, it might cost more to fix your radio, then to replace it with a aftermarket one. You can replace your AUX and USB, pretty reasonable too.

Product Font Gadget Technology Electronic device

Good Luck with your decision.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pull your radio, from the dashboard. Find a automotive radio repair shop, to fix you radio. Your cars electric system, is a 12 volt system just like our North America cars, and all Fiat’s around the world. sounds like you have a very old iPhone too. Still using AUX port. Is you AUX port, in the console of your car. You might want to check it. Make sure, nothing is clog up in there. A lot of the times, it might cost more to fix your radio, then to replace it with a aftermarket one. You can replace your AUX and USB, pretty reasonable too.

View attachment 112275

Good Luck with your decision.
thank you! I actually have the latest iPhone, the 13 pro max so it shouldn’t be an iPhone problem. My mum seems to think there is a problem with the volts. I have a 2017 fiat too, the one before the Bluetooth got put in.

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
I have a Apple phone 13 pro too. Can’t you play your music though the USB port? The music quality is much better, then AUX. It charges you phone too. That’s what I do with all the 5 different cars we own.

Wood Font Circle Wood stain Jewellery

Since the 13 doesn’t have ear phone jack. Apple dropped that years ago. How are you connecting the phone to the AUX jack in the car? That could be your issue there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Apple phone 13 pro too. Can’t you play your music though the USB port? The music quality is much better, then AUX. It charges you phone too. That’s what I do with all the 5 different cars we own.

View attachment 112277

Since the 13 doesn’t have ear phone jack. Apple dropped that years ago. How are you connecting the phone to the AUX jack in the car? That could be your issue there.
That’s what I use a USB. The exact same wire! It was working until a few days ago then randomly stopped. I’ve had this car nearly two years and never had an issue until now.

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
You mentioned you can’t hear anything though the AUX. The iPhone 13pro, doesn’t have a AUX/earphone output. only Bluetooth, and USB.

If your using a USB cable like my Apple one. You need to select on you radio. USB input. Not AUX. That your issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Whenever gremlins start appearing, think ground. I replaced the ground strap on my 2012 after the dash display got weird. Presto. Keep your battery terminals clean. My guy at Benson Fiat says half the Alfas and Fiats that are towed in have corrosion issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts