Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all i'm having a lot of what I assume are electrical issues in my 2014 500 sport.

Issue #1 is with my hatch, it seems mostly when it rains or when I wash it, It usually will not open. I've even had it unlatch on a rainy day while driving on the highway. It does it sometimes when its not wet, but I think my issue is moisture. The harness at the top left of the hatch seems to be sealed fine.

Issue #2 I'm having to replace my head lamps at least once a month if not more! I don't drive at night often so I've been attempting to keep them off unless needed but the time in which i'm having to replace them is steadily the same. I cant imagine going through bulbs this fast is normal. thinking about switching to Led but am wondering if I require canbus or not, im not exactly tech savy.

Issue #3 My Blue and Me has also stopped working, it will give me the code to enter into a phone (ive tried multiple phones thinking that was the problem) and it always fails to connect.

I would love to hear if others have has these issues and how you fixed them! Our local dealer is a bit of a joke when it comes to maintenance and problem solving, so id prefer to try and fix it at home.

·
Registered
976 Posts
#1. I'd try checking the hatch switch (under the handle). If the electric switch gets moisture in it, it could fail. Moisture could get in thru the rubber cover or maybe under the gasket.
#2. Are you using the factory bulbs? My friend was using "house brand" bulbs and was going thru them in 6 months.
#3. Yeah, B&M seems to have problems. You can search all the things tried. Some people have hit on the right combination, but others didn't find a cure. Amazon sells a blue tooth connector that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket. It plays on a radio station, some say it can be used for hands off phone calls, and costs under $20.

I hope one of those help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts