Fiat 500 Forum banner

Emailed my local dealer...

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Tweak 
#1 ·
He said they are taking orders now, $99 refundable deposit. They are only getting vehicles they have pre-orders for. They wont have any for sale that are not ordered until August! If I order now I can have it in April (when, not sure). They are getting a demo model at the end of the month.

This is from Hendrick Fiat, in Cary, NC.

#2 ·
He said they are taking orders now, $99 refundable deposit. They are only getting vehicles they have pre-orders for. They wont have any for sale that are not ordered until August! If I order now I can have it in April (when, not sure). They are getting a demo model at the end of the month. This is from Hendrick Fiat, in Cary, NC.
Well I will advise you to avoid a guy named Kurt Sweet, otherwise it might not be too bad, this is also my studio (sadly). I hope to be up there when they get an Abarth in but it probably won't coincide with when I am due service.

#15 ·
Let me start out by saying that this is the very first forum I have ever joined in my life so please be patient with me! The main reason why I am commenting here is because I stumbled upon mean spirited things directed toward the dealer I purchased my Fiat from... Its quite rare now-a-days people comment on the positive experiences they encounter, therefore I am going to share mine!
To keep a very long story short, it took me many weeks and a lot of time to find a dealership whom I felt comfortable with, and that didn't jerk me around. I'm not a child nor am I foolish. I fully understand when someone is being honest or dishonest (it's quite elementary really. Shane (my salesman) was nothing but kind and genuine.
From my first phone call to my local dealer (Hendrick Fiat in Cary) till this very day, has not only been one of the best sales experiences I've had in my life, it was actually ALOT of fun (yea I know it's crazy but true). The entire staff went far and beyond. I have less than perfect credit and Kurt Sweet (he works in the financing portion of the dealership) some how managed to get me financed on the car I actually wanted and has been here every step of the way. Greg (not sure of his last name) is the GM (I think). He also made it possible for me to get my Fiat at a very affordable cost and didn't try to 'wheel and deal'.
Sorry for writing so much but I felt it only fair to share my experience. I mean not to offend anyone!
Kudos to Hendrick Fiat, and thank you for outstanding customer service, and for running a class act dealership! I LOVE my Fiat and cannot express my gratitude enough to Kurt, Greg, Shane and the entire staff at Fiat in Cary!!

#5 ·
Sales mainly, they messed the paperwork up pretty badly and they didn't really "sale" me anything, I knew I liked the car, drove it and then said I want the most loaded, lets do the paperwork basically. Service, little weird too, lack of communications (again via Kurt Sweet mainly) and then service offered to reset light rather than changing the oil as well as not being open to me paying extra for synthetic, this was an issue cause of the fact every dealer has different opinions on that topic. Cary was at the time my only option, would have preferred W.S. since I visit there regularly throughout the year, never really get to Cary though. Paperwork was so bad I had issues with DMV actually, they also did not clean the car before delivery which they said they would, tons of no calls being returned. Maybe you'll have better luck, sounds like you already have a little better but also not great.

#10 ·
My dealer emailed me a few days ago. They want a $2000 non-refundable deposit! Why so high?

#12 ·
That's absurd and unethical. I can understand it for something like a Porsche that you've spec'd in a unusual color and equipment combo that would be hard to sell if you backed out of the deal...but for an inexpensive car that will be a hot seller, it's nuts. Are they the only dealer in the area?

#11 · (Edited)
Thats probably the highest amount I've heard any studio wanting. Most are $500.00 and some are zero like mine. Guess it all depends on whether or not they are worried about folks skipping out at the last second, not like they would not have others waiting to jump on it.

#16 ·
Amir (salesman) was fine as was Greg whom I also think I dealt with, Kurt however on several occasions did not returns calls even when it was via cell, he also would say he would send out something which he did not, he would let Amir know something which he did not, my DMV paperwork got pretty screwed up and I received a PM from someone else saying the exact same thing, no returned calls, messed up DMV paperwork, and even more issues with that guy, the dealership is early on and improved since I bought mine I know from when I returned for my first service but that guy just seems to drop the ball too often for me and for at the very least one other, it is cool you enjoyed it, I hope they have things right now and I hope my future dealings are great, congrats and welcome to the forum!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.