Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hiya!

28F near the Toronto area of Ontario.

Don't own the Fiat just yet... but soon! Test drove two weeks ago, and have been obsessed (and lurking here) ever since.

Was considering a Mazda2... maybe a Mini... but the Fiat definitely has owned my heart since first glance.

Going to the dealer on Saturday again... ;)

Thinking of going Sport, considering sun roof... and have to decide on colour, maybe white or red...

Excited.

-AnNa

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome to the forum and Fiat Love, Anna. :) Come on in, the water's fine! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I went Sport rame (copper) with the sunroof and nothing but happy... great fun ripping up the local mountain highways!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Hiya!

28F near the Toronto area of Ontario.

Don't own the Fiat just yet... but soon! Test drove two weeks ago, and have been obsessed (and lurking here) ever since.

Was considering a Mazda2... maybe a Mini... but the Fiat definitely has owned my heart since first glance.

Going to the dealer on Saturday again... ;)

Thinking of going Sport, considering sun roof... and have to decide on colour, maybe white or red...

Excited.

-AnNa
Hi Anna, which dealer are you negotiating with?

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Lockwood will beat any quote. Ask for Tyrall, tell him Lorenzo sent you. They have a beautiful pearl white sport in the showroom.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I know it's common place to say you won't regret the decision about a certain car..on a site, where everyone owns that particular car....but seriously, if you really liked it during the test drive, you'll love it even more after you put some serious seat time in it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I had a cop directing traffic stop to tell me how awesome my 500 is.

little things like this make my commute that much more enjoyable...

40mpg and the 7 speaker Bose system too =)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! I actually am in Oakville right this second, I work in Oakville a couple days a week so perhaps we'll zip by one another some time soon!

·
Registered
341 Posts
One thing that might help you decide what color you want is to wait until the weekend, when the dealer is closed, and spend an hour or so at the dealer, looking at all the different colors in their lot.

My gf and I did that a while back at the local dealer, and even brought a couple cleaning supplies with us so that we could clean up some of the cars on the lot (they were all absolutely FILTHY), and we didn't leave until she knew exactly which color she wanted, without a doubt.

Wound up being the Blue, too, which really took us by surprise.

Then we had to hunt down the car we wanted, and wound up buying it several states away, as they were the closest dealer that had the car she wanted in stock.

So, go for your test ride, and make sure to drive all the different types of cars. Don't test drive a Pop or Sport, and then buy a different model car without test driving it. You might not like the difference in ride, as some people learn.

BC.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
hi anna , it great . there 2 fait in my family . one sport & one louge . their great :] also in OAKVILLE
what colors did you get? Was it from Lockwood? 25c this weekend, time to drop the roof on the 500C!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Lorenzo,

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up paying for your Lounge at Lockwood?
Anna, I got the fully loaded 500C lounge. What I did is build it on their website and print it off with all the options. They beat their competitors price by $600. Mine was $24,495 with a full tank plus freight, AC tax, and HST tax. I got $6000 on my trade in which was fair. I'm actually going there around noon Saturday, so drop by!

·
Registered
168 Posts
One thing that might help you decide what color you want is to wait until the weekend, when the dealer is closed, and spend an hour or so at the dealer, looking at all the different colors in their lot.

My gf and I did that a while back at the local dealer, and even brought a couple cleaning supplies with us so that we could clean up some of the cars on the lot (they were all absolutely FILTHY), and we didn't leave until she knew exactly which color she wanted, without a doubt.

Wound up being the Blue, too, which really took us by surprise.

Then we had to hunt down the car we wanted, and wound up buying it several states away, as they were the closest dealer that had the car she wanted in stock.

So, go for your test ride, and make sure to drive all the different types of cars. Don't test drive a Pop or Sport, and then buy a different model car without test driving it. You might not like the difference in ride, as some people learn.

BC.
Gf here. :p Oh man, we got the funny looks from passerbys while cleaning portions of the cars, lol. It was down to Rosso Brilliante or Azzurro...I went back and forth (literally) between the cars. The red was gorgeous but every time I walked away from the blue, I felt like I was walking away from "my" car. :)It's funny because I have never really been attracted to blue for anything, really. After mucho effort, got my lil Blue Bella Sport and could not be happier. Owned her just over a month now and can't wait to get in and take off each day. I sneak glances at her in the parking lot out the window of the high rise I work in and smile every time. My commute went from living Hades to absolute joy. I've said it before, that is the highest compliment I can give a car. :)

Showed her to a friend of mine this week who told me - "I can't believe you traded in your sports car for that". Lol, some people will never understand. ;) But that's exactly what I did and now it's a month later and NO buyer's remorse at all. This car is just happiness on wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's funny Bella! Blue is actually my favorite colour actually... But for some reason I don't automatically love the shade of it on the Fiat. I love intense bright colors, was originally going to go Mazda and they have an extremely vibrant blue that's almost turquoise, and a fantastic almost neon green that I loved. The Fiat coloring doesn't excite me as much. The yellow is an option again - but that might be TOo intense haha, so I'm split between white and red, leaning towards the red side. Although I do think the light green with cream interior accents is kind of fantastic - just not for me. But who knows what I'll end up with! ;) we shall see soon!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi Anna, welcome to the forum. Befor you choose your car be sure to "test" everything your buying. If your tallish the sunroof can get in the way. And the Bose system rocks. Well worth the $500. Good luck with your purchase and don't look back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went Sport rame (copper) with the sunroof and nothing but happy... great fun ripping up the local mountain highways!

After multiple visits to a local dealership (when closed) to get to know the colors, I keep coming back to Rame. It's the one that really catches my eye. But, according to cars.com, there are a whopping TWO 500c Rames within 500 miles, and only one of them is a Lounge.

:(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts