Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi! I don’t know if you can help, but I have a 2012 Fiat 500 that I’m having an issue with. A few days ago I had to have the shifter cable bushing replaced (recall item). I picked up my car and headed home. About 3 miles into the drive my AC quit blowing cold air and the temperature gauge was at the top. I was also getting a message that the engine was overheating and to pull over. I thought it was coincidental that this issue started after I picked my car up from the dealer.
I opened the hood the coolant overflow bottle was at the same level as the last time I checked (half full). There was also no steam coming from the engine and I noticed no change in engine performance. I let it cool off and got it back to the dealer. Based on what I’ve seen, in order to replace the bushing, they would’ve had to unhook the computer to get to the shifter cable. I am wondering if this could be a computer issue? Maybe they damaged a wire or didn’t get everything back correctly? Sorry for the long post. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
similar issue with my car.
did you find out what happened?

Hi! I don’t know if you can help, but I have a 2012 Fiat 500 that I’m having an issue with. A few days ago I had to have the shifter cable bushing replaced (recall item). I picked up my car and headed home. About 3 miles into the drive my AC quit blowing cold air and the temperature gauge was at the top. I was also getting a message that the engine was overheating and to pull over. I thought it was coincidental that this issue started after I picked my car up from the dealer.
I opened the hood the coolant overflow bottle was at the same level as the last time I checked (half full). There was also no steam coming from the engine and I noticed no change in engine performance. I let it cool off and got it back to the dealer. Based on what I’ve seen, in order to replace the bushing, they would’ve had to unhook the computer to get to the shifter cable. I am wondering if this could be a computer issue? Maybe they damaged a wire or didn’t get everything back correctly? Sorry for the long post. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Hello @Anna2020! Should you decide to work with your dealer to address these concerns please let us know. We would like to offer our assistance and provide additional support. If interested, send us a private message with your vehicle's model year and mileage to start!

Hannah
Fiat Cares

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
To the Op, did they ever find out why the car over heated? I need to take my 500 in for the shift cable recall too.
Hi smark,
Please feel free to contact us via private message if you need any assistance regarding your recall.

Rob
Fiat Cares

1 - 5 of 5 Posts