Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, investigating a new fault on my partners 2013 Fiat 500L. I have a basic code reader which has brought back the following 3 error codes

P0221 - Throttle position (TP) sensor B/accelerator pedal position (APP) Sensor B - Range/performance problem

P1682 - Motorised Throttle

P1687 - Throttle Driven (signal implausible)

question is which sensor is this and where is it located? am I right in thinking it could be the crank sensor on the top of the engine wired into the ignition packs / spark plugs and / or there's a sensor under the accelerator pedal in the cabin...... or something else I'm not considering

There are also 4 warnings on the dash that cycle through when the ignition is turned on

Steering corrector unavailable
ESC unavailable
Hill Holder unavailable
Check Engine

Any help greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
767 Posts
How old is the battery? First thing I'd do is a battery load test and verify connections are snug especially under the battery tray. That could solve the 4 warnings on the dash when ignition turned on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How old is the battery? First thing I'd do is a battery load test and verify connections are snug especially under the battery tray. That could solve the 4 warnings on the dash when ignition turned on.
Thank you, I'll give the battery a test. as far as I know it's never been changed so that may well sort the dash lights

1 - 3 of 3 Posts