Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I bought a Fiat 500e (built 2015, 8000km) 4 weeks ago in Germany.

It works fine but now I get the following errors:
- RBS regenerative brake system
- ESC service electronic stability control system
- ESC hill start assist system.
I made a hard reset with the 12V battery, but no success.

From the Bosch service I got the error code P0A8D from the Inverter PIM FGA 2.3.
I also get the error code P0A1F from the HV-battery 4.0.

What are the meanings of the codes?
What can I do?

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
549 Posts
It works fine but now I get the following errors:
- RBS regenerative brake system
- ESC service electronic stability control system
- ESC hill start assist system.
Those systems depend on measurements of speed and wheel rotation. The errors can be caused by a malfunctioning wheel sensor, which is a fairly routine failure in cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Missing recalls

The recalls S26, S93 and U96 were not performed.

Who can make the recalls in Germany?
Any idea?

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,985 Posts
If my memory serves, the 2015 model recalls were only software, so a German Fiat dealer should be able to download them from Fiat headquarters. Also likely that the most recent update includes the earlier fixes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the voltage when the car is turned off? The 14v is the DC to DC converter that runs when the car is on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also measured 14V if the car is turned off.

But with the AlfaODB software I found out that the PIM simply not allow the brake energy recovery.

Regen Braking Status:
Regen
not allowed by PIM (No fault):Yes

How can reset the status?
Enclosed the complete system status of the EVCU:

View attachment System Status EVCU Englisch.txt

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,985 Posts
It works fine but now I get the following errors: - RBS regenerative brake system..

The recalls S26, S93 and U96 were not performed.

I also measured 14V if the car is turned off.
"Off" with or without HV charging? If without, then it seems like your 12V is being charged even when the car is off. The latest 2013-15 software update (U69 on my 2013) is to prevent that, but someone on this forum wrote that waiting for speedo light to go off before charging might help.

Worst-case fix for that: Disconnect 12V when parked without charging. It's actually very easy if you leave the motor cover off.

"Works fine" meaning RBS works? (blue light on speedo lower right during deceleration above 6mph). That one is important. ESC seems very mild in this car anyway, & for hill start just use handbrake or left foot on brake pedal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all, the problems are solved.
I used a micropod for making a general reset.
After that the car had no errors.
I also made all the updates for EVCU, BCPM, PIM, ABS and RBC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you all, the problems are solved.
I used a micropod for making a general reset.
After that the car had no errors.
I also made all the updates for EVCU, BCPM, PIM, ABS and RBC.
Hi, can you let us know which micro pod you used? I have the same issue but assumed it was a wheel speed sensor (replaced one so far, still have same problem), if I can reset the error codes that would be much easier. As I understand it the more common OBD interfaces aren’t compatible with the 500e.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,985 Posts
I've been using a $17 eBay ELM327 KONNWEI KW902 OBD reader & free AlfaOBD "demo" app. If you only have an iPhone/iPad, try a laptop, or get a $15 Amazon Android just to run the app (no servive needed, just download on WiFi). I have not had any error codes yet to reset though, & for sure to recalibrate RBS you need the $49 AlfaOBD app, so it's almost certainly also needed to do the above recalibrations.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been using a $17 eBay ELM327 KONNWEI KW902 OBD reader & free AlfaOBD "demo" app. If you only have an iPhone/iPad, try a laptop, or get a $15 Amazon Android just to run the app (no servive needed, just download on WiFi). I have not had any error codes yet to reset though, & for sure to recalibrate RBS you need the $49 AlfaOBD app, so it's almost certainly also needed to do the above recalibrations.
I’m having trouble connecting to the KONWEI, it’s connected with Bluetooth to a Pixel 2, and connected once in the alfaOBD app but hasn’t been able to since. Also, the first and only time the interface did connect alfaOBD wasn’t able to connect to any control units, like the ABS control for example. Any advice? I’d like to contact
someone at alfaOBD just to ask what works best for a 500e, but I don’t see any contact info

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just kidding. It only took an hour of playing around with it, but it finally connected. It sounds like there’s a better interface than the KONWEI as suggested on alfaOBD website but I’m not sure which option to use. I ended up turning the car off, unplugging the interface then starting everything over and it worked out.
PS, read the ABS control unit and it was the rear left speed sensor (which was my first guess but it’s a pain to get to so I didn’t want to be wrong)

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,985 Posts
To connect & get readings you need any 1 of the following:
  • Key turned 1 OR 2 clicks, or VERY recently turned off (around 10 seconds I think)
  • Car actively being charged.
  • Driver's door JUST recently opened or closed. Sorry I haven't narrowed that one down yet. Just listen for the relay clunk & then you have about a minute or maybe half.
If it still won't connect, sometimes you need to cycle the dongle power & or close/open the app.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys - So - I've got a 2013 500e and it started doing this last week or so. the RBC, the ESC, the ABS, and even the hill assist transiently, and once or twice even went into 'propulsion system service' error mode and wouldn't run. After a re-start it would then run. Even did the battery trick. Not sure if it helped or not. So, I decided to do the OBD2 - with the Konnwei and the AlfOBD - full program - and it was able to clear the codes and pull up the errors : U0001, U1201, U1487 - and even though it recurs and I feel a click and change in braking when the RBC light goes off, and the ESC light, and eventually the ABS light too, and it starts making funny noises from the brakes when stopped and pressed deeply, but I'm able to clear it and goes back to normal. But it always recurs. Once it went away for 2 days. Anyway - found a TSB on this : number 08-045-16 - from April 22, 2016. And describes pretty much all this and the codes. Apparently the RBC, and ABS modules need reflash by the dealer - or someone with the WiTech software and interface. Here's a link to the PDF itself: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/SB-10076281-3639.pdf -
My main problem is my local dealer in Tucson does not have 500e certification nor a tech to service the 500e. I'd have to drive 100 miles or so up to Phoenix to get it done. So I would need to haul it up there. This sucks. Called the FCA support line, they say there's nothing they can do, I have to get it there. If anybody has any brilliant suggestions? I'd appreciate it. - Oh, and if anyone knows how to do the RBC recalibration - ? I see the option on the AlfaOBD - but don't know if there's a procedure to be done while running it - can't find info anywhere on that either. I was hoping maybe that would solve the issue. But probably not.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts