Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I bought a Fiat 500e (built 2015, 8000km) 4 weeks ago in Germany.

It works fine but now I get the following errors:
- RBS regenerative brake system
- ESC service electronic stability control system
- ESC hill start assist system.
I made a hard reset with the 12V battery, but no success.

From the Bosch service I got the error code P0A8D from the Inverter PIM FGA 2.3.
I also get the error code P0A1F from the HV-battery 4.0.

What are the meanings of the codes?
What can I do?

Thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
516 Posts
It works fine but now I get the following errors:
- RBS regenerative brake system
- ESC service electronic stability control system
- ESC hill start assist system.
Those systems depend on measurements of speed and wheel rotation. The errors can be caused by a malfunctioning wheel sensor, which is a fairly routine failure in cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Missing recalls

The recalls S26, S93 and U96 were not performed.

Who can make the recalls in Germany?
Any idea?

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,548 Posts
If my memory serves, the 2015 model recalls were only software, so a German Fiat dealer should be able to download them from Fiat headquarters. Also likely that the most recent update includes the earlier fixes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also measured 14V if the car is turned off.

But with the AlfaODB software I found out that the PIM simply not allow the brake energy recovery.

Regen Braking Status:
Regen
not allowed by PIM (No fault):Yes

How can reset the status?
Enclosed the complete system status of the EVCU:

View attachment System Status EVCU Englisch.txt

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,548 Posts
It works fine but now I get the following errors: - RBS regenerative brake system..

The recalls S26, S93 and U96 were not performed.

I also measured 14V if the car is turned off.
"Off" with or without HV charging? If without, then it seems like your 12V is being charged even when the car is off. The latest 2013-15 software update (U69 on my 2013) is to prevent that, but someone on this forum wrote that waiting for speedo light to go off before charging might help.

Worst-case fix for that: Disconnect 12V when parked without charging. It's actually very easy if you leave the motor cover off.

"Works fine" meaning RBS works? (blue light on speedo lower right during deceleration above 6mph). That one is important. ESC seems very mild in this car anyway, & for hill start just use handbrake or left foot on brake pedal.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all, the problems are solved.
I used a micropod for making a general reset.
After that the car had no errors.
I also made all the updates for EVCU, BCPM, PIM, ABS and RBC.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you all, the problems are solved.
I used a micropod for making a general reset.
After that the car had no errors.
I also made all the updates for EVCU, BCPM, PIM, ABS and RBC.
Hi, can you let us know which micro pod you used? I have the same issue but assumed it was a wheel speed sensor (replaced one so far, still have same problem), if I can reset the error codes that would be much easier. As I understand it the more common OBD interfaces aren’t compatible with the 500e.

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
1,548 Posts
I've been using a $17 eBay ELM327 KONNWEI KW902 OBD reader & free AlfaOBD "demo" app. If you only have an iPhone/iPad, try a laptop, or get a $15 Amazon Android just to run the app (no servive needed, just download on WiFi). I have not had any error codes yet to reset though, & for sure to recalibrate RBS you need the $49 AlfaOBD app, so it's almost certainly also needed to do the above recalibrations.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts