Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didnt see a thread started yet but figured maybe i could get one going. so if ya got a euro plate post it up see what kind of clever ideas or fun you can come up with for these rather eccentric cars.:cool:

somewhat hard to see but my car goes by "mustacheo"

·
Registered
168 Posts
I love the look of the euro plates! I hope this thread grows. I would have one myself except that my bumper didn't already have those nasty holes in the front, so I didn't want to mar it up. Great Thread

·
Registered
5 Posts
I recommend buying a euro plate frame, it will have a myriad of mounting holes on the back of it to fit North American plate holes. Clean look too. Unfortunately, North American 500's rear plate space is too narrow for Euro plate. Note if you want front Italian plate, is is smaller than standard Euro plate size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is such a front plate legal here in California? (Just got my Fiat and love it.) Still awaiting my CA plates. Do I have to screw the frame right into the plastic bumper? My 500 has no license plate holes ... just came with frame, screws and not-totally-clear directions. I worry about damaging the beautiful bumper.

·
Registered
168 Posts
gaypenguin,
Does California require a front license plate as well as the standard rear? I thought they did. If not then yes they are perfectly legal. But, if the state requires a front plate, then you wouldn't be able to substitute for a euro plate without risking a ticket.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
no need for a front plate here so I will keep the front clean and smooth
^^this.

after my last two cars coming from another state with holes drilled in the bumper, no way im touching the clean front end of this one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On my last car, I used 3M double sided tape and molded the plate in to the shape of the bumper for a clean and hole-free look.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have a few Germany ones I think I'm putting on ebay (might also list them here) from my old VW days. Do the plates from Italy look similar?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Is such a front plate legal here in California? (Just got my Fiat and love it.) Still awaiting my CA plates. Do I have to screw the frame right into the plastic bumper? My 500 has no license plate holes ... just came with frame, screws and not-totally-clear directions. I worry about damaging the beautiful bumper.
Unfortunately, California requires a front plate, so European plates are out. (Fix-it tickets are an royal inconvenience.) Check around for license mountain brackets that might go into the lower grill, so you don't have to give your car a nose pierce and root canal.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I know it's technically not legal but I am having a custom EU styled plate made with the state and lic number on it, so I might have a chance of getting away without a ticket.
link:
http://www.autoplates.com/_custom/euro/europlates.php

But I must admit my chances of getting away scot free are getting slimmer, since I also have window tint on my front door windows too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am definitely getting a EURO front plate for the car as I bought the vehicle in NJ and it was predrilled with the front holes. The car is registered in FL so no need for a front plate

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
plates arrived!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts