Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well - sniff in the tears; we never see them here in Denmark either !
I've seen 1 for sale - 2nd hand - ah, there it is: 695 Tributa Ferrari, sold but the price from new here in Denmark is claimed to be DKK 1.020.000, which equals USD 157.000 !!
So - there are a select few heree in Denmark - but I've seen one IRL.
As comparison, my Twinair 0.9 80 Popstar is listed at around DKK 160.000, equalling USD 24.600.
Prices here are due to registration taxes - add to this that we pay about USD 1,70 per LITER of gasoline....

So we are not really impressed when foreigners complain of car and gas prices in their home country :eek:(

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah, here you can. "Copenhagen’s reputation as a cyclists’ paradise isn’t just due to a lack of hills: Registration duties of up to 180 percent mean Denmark is one of the most expensive countries in which to buy a new car. That may be about to change. Under proposals unveiled Tuesday, the tax rate is to be lowered dramatically -- to just 100 percent."

·
Registered
435 Posts
Depressing, sure wish we had the same or even a partial selection as the Europeans do. The Polish made Abarths do not use multi air valve trains and the front rear ends are updated. Better looking cars

·
Registered
667 Posts
The Polish made Abarths do not use multi air valve trains and the front rear ends are updated. Better looking cars
Agreed on looking better... but I think multi-air is the same on EU and US cars? (Well, except they have moved to Multi-air III tech in the new engine... like that in the US 2019 500X.) I may have missed something.

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed on looking better... but I think multi-air is the same on EU and US cars? (Well, except they have moved to Multi-air III tech in the new engine... like that in the US 2019 500X.) I may have missed something.
The 500 European and NA engines are the same. They get a 180 hp Abarth engine. The 500X receive the new Firefly engines

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yes. Fiat is talking about putting the Firefly in as a replacement for the current engine in all models.

I wonder if the Mexican made Fiats have engines built in Poland. I understand they shut down the US production. For a while they were going to build all the 500's in Europe, but changed their mind. I think that had to do with Mexico being a trade partner with S and Central America.

·
Registered
435 Posts
NAFTA made it very inexpensive to import from Mexico; not sure under current trade policy. To my knowledge the Euro 500 uses the same engine but the valve train is different. The Euro version has a double overhead camshaft engine turbocharged where NA versions have used the Multiair drive train with a single overhead camshaft. The NA version has historically utilized Honeywell turbos while the Euro model utilizes a different manufacturer's turbo. Since production of the 1.4 shut down in US, I think the same engine is produced in a FCA Drivetrain plant in Italy. They use the same engine and export it from Italy for installation in the 124 Spider in Japan and the 500 in Mexico. If you look at dealer sticker for 2019 model 500's the engines are made in Italy now. They were predominately made in the US, Dundee Michigan to be exact. I wish they would place the new Firefly 1.3 turbo in the 500; not only more HP but much more lb ft of torque.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts