Fiat 500 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FIAT 500e
4,012 Posts
Normally, opening the left door will connect the contactors for a few seconds, but they disconnect again unless you plug in or turn the key 1 or 2 clicks, so leaving the left door open doesn't really do anything except for allowing access without a door-opening wake-up signal.

"Sending the readings to Poland" is only part of the process, just to confirm you need to dismantle the pack. I believe the Polish team also do pack dismantling, to resurrect cells which went too low during a few months of storage & shipping. So they may be able to help instruct you about that procedure.

I believe someone else with inactive contactors got 5.6 V at the Power Distribution Center*, & I think I read somewhere that it's a test signal so you know the circuit works & you're getting a connection.

Hood Telephone Motor vehicle Communication Device Audio equipment

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, thank you. I reached out to Husam and spoke to him for a bit. He actually lives about 45min from me. His HV batteries originally went to 0% a few months ago. Mine, on the other hand, have most likely been at 0% for a few years. I’m probably going to just take the loss and sell the car locally on CL or FB marketplace. I think it may be too much risk, time wise.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts