Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 fiat 500 pop
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, 2 months ago I got my son a Pre-owned 500 pop with 62,000 miles on it runs n drives Awesome. but we want to change the spark plugs n fuel filer on it.. our dealership told him, they would have to drop the tank to change out the fuel filter, that we could not do the job without a lift. I cant find anything in the net about fiat 500 fuel filter removal, can anyone help old pop

·
Registered
972 Posts
Oddly enough, although Mopar lists a couple fuel filters for the 500. I couldn't find a post of anyone actually replacing the filter. I wonder if it might be mounted on top of the tank? Please let us know if you locate it.

Some car makes have them mounted on the frame, near the tank, others do not use a filter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Been to dealership, 2015 Fiat 500 Sport. Fuel filter is part of pump. $500+ to replace it.
Remove rear seat and pump can be accessed through removable panel !

·
Registered
261 Posts
Don’t bother unless you are having an issue. I have a 2012 Pop with 150,000 miles and it still runs perfect. I do the plugs every 40k or so and that’s been it. I change the oil every 8,000. I’ll do the timing belt soon. a few broken door handles and that’s been it.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Don’t bother unless you are having an issue. I have a 2012 Pop with 150,000 miles and it still runs perfect. I do the plugs every 40k or so and that’s been it.
Good point. The fuel pump doesn't have so much a filter as a screen. As explained by my Dodge dealer, anything that gets past the screen is simply forced through the injectors. Tanks are made of HDPE plastic, so they don't rust like the olden days.

One thing I would suggest, while you have it apart for the plug change, is to service the air oil separator. The o-ring deteriorates and is a known leak. While off, might as well replace the PCV and clean the box with spray cleaner (brake or carb cleaner) to flush the box.

·
Registered
2013 fiat 500 pop
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been to dealership, 2015 Fiat 500 Sport. Fuel filter is part of pump. $500+ to replace it.
Remove rear seat and pump can be accessed through removable panel !
Thanks 4 the info, the car runs great, when my son got the plugs they sold him a fuel filter it sure looks like an external fuel filter like the one on my f150.. thanks 4 your reply

·
Registered
2013 fiat 500 pop
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don’t bother unless you are having an issue. I have a 2012 Pop with 150,000 miles and it still runs perfect. I do the plugs every 40k or so and that’s been it. I change the oil every 8,000. I’ll do the timing belt soon. a few broken door handles and that’s been it.
hello thanks 4 your reply all go info, I'm thinking on doing the timing belt at 80000, I got the timing tool kit on ebay n vids on youtube I think between me n my son we can do it on a good weekend

1 - 7 of 7 Posts