Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
below is the Fiat 500 "extreme" bodykit, not sure about availability on it. I want to get your opinion on this Fiat 500 body kit, do you think it's rice or nice?

Some people say the front bumper doesn't flow with the body lines on the car, and i have to agree. However i am liking the rear bumper and side skirt

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
The front looks junky to me. What does rice mean? Is it like those people that add a bunch of mods to honda civics? They end up with a super loud exhaust, and that must be where all the extra power goes, because I can keep up with them in my 1.9 L VW Diesel.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
If it had an engine to justify all of that I would be good with it. 220 HP should do it.

See avatar.......235HP. Yep plenty in a 2,300 pound car!

Think Parachute and drag with that fish mouth..........double YUCK!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
235 HP in a 2300 lb car is about right. Anything more than 10 pounds per HP is going to be a bit sluggish IMHO. That is a good looking ride.
See: www.intermeccanica.com they build dreams.

If you go to the videos see the first one. My car is in it a lot. It was the week my wife and I celebrated our 32nd Wedding Anniversary picking up the car while attending the Intermeccanica Tour and BBQ in Whistler, BC.

Dave

·
Registered
99 Posts
Okay. Now we have officially high jacked this thread. Sorry.

I looked at that website and love the cars. When I got to the part about 1600cc with a carburetor I loss interest.

So how do you get 230 HP out of that engine? Knowing that would renew my interest. Maybe.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Okay. Now we have officially high jacked this thread. Sorry.

I looked at that website and love the cars. When I got to the part about 1600cc with a carburetor I loss interest.

So how do you get 230 HP out of that engine? Knowing that would renew my interest. Maybe.
Henry builds dreams, you dream it he does it. My friend Dale has a Roadster with a 2.0 Turbo VW GTI motor.

My car is a top of the line IM-6. Think 1980 911, 3.0 915 5 speed, Weber carbs, dyno tuned by Alan at the Stable in San Francisco.

The car is a blast to drive. We put 3,000 miles on it the first two weeks.

So we hijacked a ricer thread..........:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yikes. That car sounds better than it looks. I may need to reconsider. An old style Porsche with modern running gear would be a real hoot.

Enjoy it. Maybe we will meet at Fiat dealer and you can show it off or let me know if you guys ever have a Show and Shine event.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Yikes. That car sounds better than it looks. I may need to reconsider. An old style Porsche with modern running gear would be a real hoot.

Enjoy it. Maybe we will meet at Fiat dealer and you can show it off or let me know if you guys ever have a Show and Shine event.
Check out www.356car.org for info. Most second Saturday's I'm at breakfast.

BTW I went by the local delivery place for Sacramento Folsom Lake Dodge today and met with Joey. He is supposed to be the "Fiat Guy" and he had no real answers. I think once the dealers are up and running things should go smooth. The "Prima" owners seem to know more than the dealers do because they have "been in the loop" so to speak longer too.

I'm just like a kid waiting for Christmas. You?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I will try to make one of your breakfasts.

Yeah I am like a kid before Christmas with this and I have not seen one yet. And I have never been to a new car dealer where I did not know more about the car I was interested in than the guys selling it. I am not sure what they do there all day long but it seems like they could pick up a brochure.

Waiting........

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I will try to make one of your breakfasts.

Yeah I am like a kid before Christmas with this and I have not seen one yet. And I have never been to a new car dealer where I did not know more about the car I was interested in than the guys selling it. I am not sure what they do there all day long but it seems like they could pick up a brochure.

Waiting........
1000% agree...........this is almost as hard of a wait as when I had the 9 month wait having the Speedster built.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts