Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My Daughter picked up a 500 C Pop today. I'm actually impressed by the heavy feel at 80 MPH (Already over 300 miles). She is on cloud 9. Usually the First thing I do is to get a Factory Service manual. I can't seem to find one "out there". Is this a dealer item?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Congrats to your daughter, I am sure she will enjoy her new car. These little cars are very unique.
As far as the service manual I also would like to get one. I assume they are a dealer only item. Someone on here will know for sure.

·
Premium Member
22,120 Posts
Congrats to your daughter, welcome to the forum!

For the manual, it comes on the DVD but if you contact Jonathan, the member here on the forum from FIAT, his username is FiatCares, he can assist you with the manual you desire. ;)

http://www.fiat500owners.com/forum/1104-fiatcares.html

(This is an owners manual in paper, also might be able to direct you to service manual, I think someone else mentioned one being out there just not certain where at the moment)

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
I got my owners manual down loaded on my computer now. I can print a hard copy of what ever page is needed too. Most the time with all my new cars, it been a waste of a tree. My phone Fiat 500 phone app, has a lot of the basic info about the car on it too. I had to show our service department the basic Fiat service schedule, from my phone, when it was in for its 16K mile service.

As Tweak mentioned, you can get a hard copy.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Hi, My Daughter picked up a 500 C Pop today. I'm actually impressed by the heavy feel at 80 MPH (Already over 300 miles). She is on cloud 9. Usually the First thing I do is to get a Factory Service manual. I can't seem to find one "out there". Is this a dealer item?
To my knowledge the only SERVICE manual available for the 500 is ONLINE and costs a small fortune to subscribe to it on a yearly basis. I can tell you this is what my dealership actually uses if it has to consult for the correct service procedure. And, even then, I was advised by the previous Service Manager that there were mistakes in it which were being corrected on-the-fly as time went by.

Perhaps someone here has a valid idea of how long it will take after introduction for a model to be covered by a third party repair/service manual?

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK....I have mastered changing the oil filter without removing anything in the engine compartment...a 23mm Crowsfoot wrench, swivel socket, extension and 3/8 drive ratchet....plus my hand along side the crowsfoot to help it stay put on the top of the oil filter canister.

Now, I can't find the fuel filter....anyone know where it's at...I'm hoping not in the fuel tank

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got the CD manual today, it doesn't have the auto transmission, otherwise looks pretty good for $10. Starts in Italian, but has English translation. Molto bene.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I subscribed to AllDataDiy.com and found it decent, the stuff is sort of out of order if you are a serious novice like me, however. I found it helps to print out what you want then organize the pages into the order you're doing the job in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my owners manual down loaded on my computer now. I can print a hard copy of what ever page is needed too. Most the time with all my new cars, it been a waste of a tree. My phone Fiat 500 phone app, has a lot of the basic info about the car on it too. I had to show our service department the basic Fiat service schedule, from my phone, when it was in for its 16K mile service.

As Tweak mentioned, you can get a hard copy.

Hi there do u know how or is there a place i can purchase one ? We're trying to repair my sisters 2012 Fiat 500 pop and it was not going so well :D adorable little car but with never working on one before i at least nead a clean deatiled diagram of the engine bay .. thank u so much in advance !!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts