Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can we get torque specs for suspension parts, namely bolts for reassembling a spring swap. How about alignment specs? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: NHtopo

·
Registered
393 Posts
Where can we get torque specs for suspension parts, namely bolts for reassembling a spring swap. How about alignment specs? Thanks in advance.
Great question, I hope someone can provide such Fiat 500 specs. But it might be hard to get this type of information since the Fiat 500 is so new but with a forum as big as this I bet there has to be some qualified mechanic or better yet a mechanic that works for Fiat.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great question, I hope someone can provide such Fiat 500 specs. But it might be hard to get this type of information since the Fiat 500 is so new but with a forum as big as this I bet there has to be some qualified mechanic or better yet a mechanic that works for Fiat.
I found a repair manual from a British site(costs about 6 pounds) but don't know if it would really apply.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I reverse engineered the specs when I swapped my springs. I checked the torque of each nut and bolt before I removed them by progressively tightening up torque wrench till the nuts or bolts just gave a bit and recorded the rating. Close enough.

Dealer can tell you the alignment specs.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I reverse engineered the specs when I swapped my springs. I checked the torque of each nut and bolt before I removed them by progressively tightening up torque wrench till the nuts or bolts just gave a bit and recorded the rating. Close enough.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure I could squeeze all the info out of my dealer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, as regards the optional OEM 17" wheels on the USA version Abarth, I'd like to know the wheel width. Is it 17" X 7" or is it 17" X 7.5" ?? I can't find this info anywhere.

Thanks, Hank

·
Registered
1,427 Posts

Good advice. You can also mark any bolts that you are planning to take off and put back on. Grease pencil works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts