Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Maryland and just recently failed my emissions because the test stations device could not communicate with my car (2015 Pop). I found it odd because just recently I had plugged in my tool and it communicated just fine. I also have the OBD2 connected to my aftermarket radio (JVC) and the radio gets readings, though perhaps they are not as advanced, so they still work.

Has anybody experienced anything like this and know what I should look at? I read about a half dozen topics on here about OBD2, but none seemed to address my issue. One mentioned a fuse, but everything else inside and out seems to be working without issue. Owner's manual mentions F36 for Diagnostic Socket, Car Radio, Climate Control System, but 2 out of those 3 are working, so I do not think it is the fuse.

I welcome any and all thoughts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey ,, I just went today for the inspection and found out that I have the same problem. Did u find out what was the problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it to a mechanic, he tested and found no issue. I went back to get retested and they tried 3 times. On the third try the person doing the test held the cable in place the whole time and it worked. Unfortunately no good explanation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts