Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are looking at a Pre Reg Fiat 500 Dolcevita+ this evening.

Are there any regular issues that I should be looking for that others have found when picking up their new Fiat 500?. Like missing parts and/or features that don't work - I don't ever trust a dealer to do their pdi correctly. The car has probably already been washed and swirled up but I will correct that anyway.

I am used to buying cars and will look at the paint, the underside for any damage, signs of poor dealer repairs and interior scrapes but I know many cars have known issues on collection that the average person excited by their purchase will miss.

· Registered
1,988 Posts
Its a Pre Registered car meaning that it is new with only delivery miles but we will be the second owner, not the 1st.
The model is the Dolcevita Plus manual (Not the convertable) and can be seen here: Fiat 500 – Pop, Dolcevita, (RED) | Fiat UK
It turns out that we are looking at it tomorrow night, not tonight.
Woooo, that's cool! It's hybrid? And manual transmission? We the North American market won't get any of those. Let us know what it's like!

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So sorry I missed your post @ J.B.
Well, it looks great but we have had one issue with the clutch sticking in the down position and the lack of service provided by the "car supermarket" dealership. Ended up calling out the Fiat breakdown service who knew exactly the issue of bleeding air from the hydraulics and said "Loads come out of the factory like that"!.
Otherwise really enjoying it. Its slow as he'll but its good enough around town, its got loads of tech including cruise, 3d sat nav, climate. One thing I really like is the way it sounds, really throaty with an intrusive but satisfying sound in the cabin, just the way a Fiat 500 should be. Its our second one in the last 5 years with oddly a Skoda Kodiaq Edition in-between.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts