Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Source: World Car Fans

It's not bad... probably a look that will grow on me as time passes. I'll probably grow to love the Fiat 500 4-door :p I wonder if it will get the same retractable cloth roof as the Fiat 500 - that would be pretty innovative for a 4-door car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No thanks. Think they are just trying to reach another market by bringing out a 4 door version, doubt it will sell very well unless it is really cheap, otherwise people would just go to something else like a 4 door Civic hybrid.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Though I understand the concept, I don't like it at all :( I think that Fiat may be adding 2 additional doors just to say that they have a 4-door in the North American market. I think that the Fiat 500 model is perfect just the way it is... the 4-door, not so much...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Though I understand the concept, I don't like it at all :( I think that Fiat may be adding 2 additional doors just to say that they have a 4-door in the North American market. I think that the Fiat 500 model is perfect just the way it is... the 4-door, not so much...
Agreed!!!

the Fiat 500 4-door looks haphazardly put together. It was like Fiat forgot that Americans like big cars so put together this design just to show them that they can make 4-door cars as well... If the Fiat 500 4-door does come out, I hope they refine the design before its released.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'm not feeling it. Its not bad for an attempt but its better if Fiat creates a new model in a 4 door sedan version and a coupe rather then doing this to the 500. Maybe a better design will change my mind.

·
Registered
62 Posts
...or a Fiat faced Caliber.

The Fiesta 5 door has more style. The fit is starting to look a bit dated and like everyone Else's 5 door car. Kia Rondo, Mazda 5, Hyundai Elantra Touring...I could name more. It's this make a mini van more like the old mini wagons that were based on small sedans. Colt Vista and their ilk with odd names, everyone had one in the late 80's early 90's. They kind of morphed in CRV's and RAV4 and now they are going back to what they used to be to save gas and loose some girth. It might sell but without another baby boom and young people starting a family I don't think the numbers will be there, too much competition.

·
Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
...or a Fiat faced Caliber.

The Fiesta 5 door has more style. The fit is starting to look a bit dated and like everyone Else's 5 door car. Kia Rondo, Mazda 5, Hyundai Elantra Touring...I could name more. It's this make a mini van more like the old mini wagons that were based on small sedans. Colt Vista and their ilk with odd names, everyone had one in the late 80's early 90's. They kind of morphed in CRV's and RAV4 and now they are going back to what they used to be to save gas and loose some girth. It might sell but without another baby boom and young people starting a family I don't think the numbers will be there, too much competition.
Right on. Check out the Hyundai Elantra Touring "Beachmobile" concept car:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Guys,
While I agree that this looks wrong, keep in mind this is an "artist's rendering", not an official Fiat release. I can't imagine them risking the 500's cachet for anything that would look that ordinary. I'd imagine that if it is indeed a 4 door 500, that they would just add tiny suicide doors, while maintaing the current cars dimensions.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts