Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a report that said the Fiat 500 is one of 10 best back-to-school car's for 2011. The Fiat 500 may be cheap, starting at $16 000 but is it really a good car for a student?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I can't think of why it wouldnt be a good back to school car. The Fiat is not "cheap", but it is not too expensive, and a good value.

·
Registered
13,511 Posts
I gave my smart car to my daughter, to go back to school. She had a 1998 Accord, the first 2 years of college. She parks in corners too. Very careful of her cars. The other kids just hit, and tore the car up. Mess up the rear bumper, every side of it. Door ding all over. Look like someone slid a cement block across the truck lid. I gave her the smart for gas milage, and you can replace the plastic panels easy. I won't give any kid a new car. I should have just let here drive the Accord till she finished college. The smart is too good for her too!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I had a beat-up car when I grew up. Yeah, my parents could have bought me a new one, but quite honestly, driving the old car was a great idea. I did take good care of it, too.

I think the 500 is an excellent college car. There's not enough room to host a party inside of it. It has two doors, so it won't be used as a cargo van. It's not fast enough to do stupid things. I like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.