Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fiat has finally announced the pricing on their 500 Abarth model for the American market, starting at $22,000 and will include a segment-exclusive, full-day Abarth driving experience.

The 500 model that's been "designed for track-day enthusiasts and driving purists who want the ultimate high-performance small car at an attainable price," the 500 Abarth is powered by a 1.4L MultiAir Turbo engine with 160-hp and 170 lb-ft of torque. The rest of the vehicle has also been tweaked for a truly sporty driving experience, including Abarth-tuned suspension, brake systems, dual exhaust, turbo-boost gauge with integrated LED shift light and 16-inch wheels.

Fiat will throw in an Abarth Driving Experience for new owners, offering them the opportunity to attend a segment-exclusive driving experience at no additional charge. The Abarth Driving Experience features a full day of driving training with instructors from the Richard Petty Driving Experience in a safe and structured setting.

More: Fiat 500 Abarth Comes With Richard Petty Driving Experience on Autoguide.com

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I checked out RP driving school. I Didn't like it. Not enough driving time, and you're on an oval not road course

·
Registered
1,550 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Anyone know what this would normally cost? Seems like these are typically $800-1000, so that's a nice freebie.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I can turn left... turn left... turn left... really fast in my own driveway in my 500 sport. No need to pay for that experience :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I do have to say. My wife got me laps at homestead speedway in a nascar. I thought I'd hate it, but doing 160 on the straights was a blast.

Still not a fan of turning left, except when I'm in the car

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think you guys have this all wrong.

It says it's a driving instruction "with instructors from the RP driving school". I really doubt that this is the Nascar driving lesson. The RP attends tracks around the entire US so I think they are using their instructors to do a special "Abarth Driving Experience" that will be available to most people that buy the car. They are just going though the RP school because they operate at tracks around the US already. I doubt Fiat is so stupid that they put you in an Abarth on an oval and call it good.....

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I do have to say. My wife got me laps at homestead speedway in a nascar. I thought I'd hate it, but doing 160 on the straights was a blast.

Still not a fan of turning left, except when I'm in the car
I went to a NASCAR driving school where I lived. It is everything but boring. I was so pumped up on speed and adrenaline that my wife would not let me drive home!

I am curious on those who made these comments of "boring" or "that sucks" has ever been to one of these schools on a track...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I went to a NASCAR driving school where I lived. It is everything but boring. I was so pumped up on speed and adrenaline that my wife would not let me drive home!

I am curious on those who made these comments of "boring" or "that sucks" has ever been to one of these schools on a track...
Read my comment again

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Anyone know what this would normally cost? Seems like these are typically $800-1000, so that's a nice freebie.
Our MINI/ Mini club gets a discounted $340 a day track day around a road coarse track. Usually they run between $500- $800. I am sure though FIAT got a huge discount. I think it is great way to learn and find out what your car can and can not do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just ordered a 500 Abarth,anyone knows if a chip is available and from where??I just need a bit more speed,and some 8 inch wheels and tires.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There's no chip available, since the car has just been released here. You might think there was a jump on development since it's been available overseas for a while, but little of that crosses over to the US versions since we've got different engines and ECUs.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I just ordered a 500 Abarth,anyone knows if a chip is available and from where??I just need a bit more speed,and some 8 inch wheels and tires.

Maserati123:

I do not believe there is a performance chip out for the Fiat, And if there is, it wouldnt come from the manufacture. We cannot recommend (for warranty reasons) any performance modifications that may void your warranty if the chip contributes to any failure of any component in the vehicle. Im sure aftermarket companies will definitely have a performance chip out in the near future, but we, as the manufacture, cannot support it. Thanks for your inquiry.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts