Fiat 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Fiat 500 Abarth is the performance version of the new Fiat 500 which will be coming to the USA in the fall of 2010. The question is right now whether or not the Abarth version will be coming.

I have to suggest that YES it will come because they have been showcasing it around at various US and Canadian Auto Shows including the Toronto Auto Show. Secondly, it is the "performance" version, and we all know that America is going to need some horsepower before we settle into this micro-cars from Europe!

Fiat.... make it happen!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Its coming, late 2011/early 2012.... I saw it at the Toronto motor show and now have a receipt for my deposit on the first one when it gets here!!!

VERY excited as I drove an SS in the UK and this one will be even better!!!

What to do for the next 18months??? Kill my Yaris I guess...

·
Registered
137 Posts
There's no confirmation on any special editions coming to North America except that one that they announced last weekend. I would really love to have the Esseesse versions come here.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Even happier now I got my deposit in on one....:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
They have to have dealers, mechs and a parts network, too. well, maybe they'll hurry up. I have a Ford Focus SVT [that I love!] with about 120,000 miles on it, and it'll be hitting about 200,000 by then [I see replacing the half-shafts and the front struts - that's about all that's left to replace.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I was told the wait is due to the new platform and new multi air engine... both well worth the wait believe me! We will actually get the new package BEFORE Europe - a first!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was told the wait is due to the new platform and new multi air engine... both well worth the wait believe me! We will actually get the new package BEFORE Europe - a first!
That's a huge first. Most car manufacturers even american ones like to give our european and japanese counterparts first dibs on a lot of things car related. Even Chevy sold their Cruze everywhere first before making it available in North America. Regardless it should be worth the wait from all the hype we've been hearing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts