Fiat 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Europeans won't be the only ones having all the fun with the Fiat 500 Abarth anymore. North American showrooms will be gaining the turbocharged 160-hp 1.4L MultiAir engine model packed full with an Abarth-tuned suspension, brake system, race-inspired design and technology features not normally seen on compact cars. Full power comes on at 5500 rpm, while max torque is rated at 170 lb-ft at 2500 rpm.

Improving aerodynamics and giving the Fiat 500 a more aggressive appearance, Abarth has outfitted the North American model with functional exterior changes compared to the run-of-the-mill Fiat 500 counterpart. The front bumper has been modified to ensure maximum airflow for the intercoolers while the Abarth-designed 16-inch wheels gives it a much sportier appearance. Those looking for even more can opt for 17-inch rollers to cover up their performance brake system highlighted by bright red calipers. In the rear, a large liftgate-mounted spoiler can be seen, extending the roofline and improving the aerodynamics with additional downforce.

Unique to the Fiat 500 Abarth's interior is the addition of a turbo-boost gauge with integrated LED shift light in the center. Tech-lovers can opt for the TomTom navigation with BLUE&ME hands-free all bundled into a 4.3-inch touchscreen display. Accenting the interior is an Abarth-designed aluminum pedal covers that feature nero rubber trim along with a nero leather shift knob with rosso accent stitching. The performance seats are a one-piece design with racing harness pass-throughs and accent stitching throughout.

In terms of suspension modifications, the Abarth model features 40-percent stiffer spring rates and a 0.6-inch lower height than the standard Fiat 500 model. Koni's dual-valve frequency selective damping shocks allow for plenty of adjustability for improved comfort and smoothness as well as driving performance. Braking upgrades from Abarth include larger 11.1-inch rotors in the front (compared to the standard 10.1-inch on the Fiat 500) paired with a single-piston brake caliper. The rears feature 9.4-inch discs also with a single-piston brake caliper.

No pricing was announced on the Fiat 500 Abarth yet.
Read the full story and see all the photos at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Thanks for the spoil job.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I've always wondered why this little car stopped so well.

10.1 fronts and 9.4 rears? Hi, I'm the 16V VW scirocco. (and every other 16V minus the 2.0 GTI.)

·
Registered
222 Posts
OK, final guess time:

$25,799 + destination charge

I really hope it's available in more than black, white, and red :mad:

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
my video link just died,Grrrrrr

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
OK, final guess time:

$25,799 + destination charge

I really hope it's available in more than black, white, and red :mad:
It's also available in Grigio, but I'll bet that's not what you wanted to hear either.

Reactions: tommy

·
Registered
1,780 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
No more than $21,900 starting MSRP is my guess. It HAS to be priced under a comparable Cooper S (starting at $23,100) to be successful. That was Chrysler's strategy and selling point with the regular 500 so I'm guessing they'll do the same with the Abarth. If not, God help them...

I rebooted the PC and the video worked again. I almost fainted when Francois played yet another JLO commercial for the Gucci 500. Then they played the new Abarth commercial... sweet! Sex and speed - back to the basics :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
No more than $21,900 starting MSRP is my guess. It HAS to be priced under a comparable Cooper S (starting at $23,100) to be successful. That was Chrysler's strategy and selling point with the regular 500 so I'm guessing they'll do the same with the Abarth. If not, God help them...

I rebooted the PC and the video worked again. I almost fainted when Francois played yet another JLO commercial for the Gucci 500. Then they played the new Abarth commercial... sweet! Sex and speed - back to the basics :)
I agree with your analysis on where the Abarth's price must start. After reading what comes standard (not much), I think they agree.

Oh, they need to get that new Abarth commercial out RIGHT NOW....or more like it. That Gucci commercial (the antithesis of the Abarth one) took all the air out of the room. I could feel it though the computer. The sexier Abarth (?).... whole 'nother ball game.

Kick Jlo to the curb and turn that new ad agency loose.... Man, my upper lip sweated during that commercial. I want a copy NOW!

Cheers

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Agreed, the only person who clapped at the Jlo commercial was the cleaning woman who had entered the room thinking the conference was over due to the silence.

Unleash that new commercial NOWWWWWW!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi

For those who missed it, new Abarth commercial is on Youtube already:...
Hi,

Thanks. I lost my connection right about then, so I missed it.

Pat

PS. I also laughed a bit (in a good way) the moment I hears the first few notes of the J Lo song starting up, eralier in the presentation. To me it kind of seemed as a bit of a slap across the wrists to all the internet anti-J Lo complainers, and maybe was meant to demonstrate that Fiat is very happy with their partnership with her. Though, then again maybe that's just my imagination playing tricks on me :p .

·
Registered
160 Posts
What's the price, ******?!!!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
To me it kind of seemed as a bit of a slap across the wrists to all the internet anti-J Lo complainers, and maybe was meant to demonstrate that Fiat is very happy with their partnership with her. Though, then again maybe that's just my imagination playing tricks on me :p .
Actually that was probably that last obligatory contractual commercial they agreed to show with J-blow. God I pray that's what it was. The crowd seemed to like it,lol:rolleyes:

·
Registered
222 Posts
It's also available in Grigio, but I'll bet that's not what you wanted to hear either.
Thanks - that's not either of the two greens, or latte, or the yellow, but I guess it will have to do. Drop it, give it some nice bronze lightweight forged rims, and with the red accents on the inside, it'll work. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts